Spring Practice =2010

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Spring Practice =2010

Postby donovan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:20 am

Boise State ended their Spring practice on Saturday. As they had only 7 spots open this year, there were not many new faces to be seen. They are bring back 20 of 21 starters. Most of the talk was about the few new freshman coming off red shirt, but in essence it is just talk. Kellen Moore did not have a particularly productive Spring. The expectations are very high for next year. The radical acceptance of the facts are, tough to exceed a no loss year...most everything else is in others hands. The big game, of course is the opener, against VT in Landover. Really a home game for VT, lot of travel for BSU. Who knows about first games. With the silliness of ESPN ranking BSU 3rd and VT 5th preseason, they are just setting up hype.

My predictions...BSU will have two tough games, VT and Oregon State. They should be all right with the rest...BUT...it is tough to sustain an undefeated run and the softness of their schedule still allows for oops. The problem as always is, one loss and they plummet. Rather a dull Spring practice. And like with all teams, the next three and one half months of player run practice will determine a lot. Player run...is that a joke or what....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Re: Spring Practice =2010

Postby Dossenator » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Hogs have their spring game tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how the young QB's perform (Mallett is still out due to injury). Hogs also featured team on ESPN website (http://espn.go.com/college-football/?SP ... EM_ID=6100). I will chime in after the game tomorrow and report on what I see. I hope the defense holds their own.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 pm

I think that the only other game Boise has to worry about is its Nov. 26 game with Nevada in Reno. The wolfpack always plays Boise tough at home, just look at two years ago. I agree Boise will be tough to beat by any of their conference foes, but if there is a potential loss there then this game is it. A game which I will be at BTW. 8)
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 am

Grayghost wrote:I think that the only other game Boise has to worry about is its Nov. 26 game with Nevada in Reno. The wolfpack always plays Boise tough at home, just look at two years ago. I agree Boise will be tough to beat by any of their conference foes, but if there is a potential loss there then this game is it. A game which I will be at BTW. 8)

That's going to be hard to pull off though. Their rushing game is going to be insane again but their pass defense has consistently been one of the worst in the nation. I think they could upset BYU this year, but I think Cal will steamroll them. Just get one-on-one coverage and chuck it up, you're guaranteed at least 30 yards :roll:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:51 am

Eric wrote:
That's going to be hard to pull off though. Their rushing game is going to be insane again but their pass defense has consistently been one of the worst in the nation. I think they could upset BYU this year, but I think Cal will steamroll them. Just get one-on-one coverage and chuck it up, you're guaranteed at least 30 yards :roll:

I love my Bears, but I don't put anything past them. They love to stub their toes in games like these, but at least it is usually against BCS foes, but Col St. popped them in the mouth a couple of years back, so it is possible. As to Boise and Nevada, there a just some places that Boise has a tough time, Reno being one , and Rustin La. the other. Oh, they win the game, but it has been a near run thing more than a few time.

2009: Boise 45, La. Tech 35...in Rustin. Boise 44, Nevada 33...in Boise.
2008: Boise 41, Nevada 34...in Reno
2007: Boise 45, La. Tech 31... in Rustin. Boise 69, Nevada 67...in Boise.
2005 & 06 Boise smoked 'em both. Now, I am not saying either team is a giant killer, but it's games like this that always get Boise greif in the polls...yeah they win, but not as convicingly as most people think they should. I think that Boise will beat Nevada, but I think it is going to be another barn burner. Which is why I am excited to go watch it. :D
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Return to “General Discussion”