Who do you look forward to the most next year?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Who do you look forward to the most next year?

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm so stinking excited about this guy playing for Georgia. The story behind him winning the state championship in Florida after coming back from an injury is amazing.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/georgias-aaron-murray-ready-490463.html
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Re: Who do you look forward to the most next year?

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Sounds like a good QB. It'll do A.J. Green some good to find somebody who can get him the football 8)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the QB situation pans out for Michigan next year. Some of the new faces on the defense too will be interesting. We're getting a lot leaner and smaller defensively, not to mention Rich Rod is switching the scheme around to a 3-3-5.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Grayghost
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Grayghost » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 am

Wow...uhmm...ok, 1st, Phil Steels mag. Then, the season in general. I love Cal, but I am just such a college football fanatic overall.

A friend of mine and I are going to 4 games this year at 4 different venues to see 8 different teams. He is a UCLA fan, but I let it slide.

Sept 18th: Wake Forest at Stanford
Oct. 9th: UCLA at Cal (there could be fist fights :wink: )
Oct. 23rd: Fresno St. at San Jose St.
Nove 26th: Boise St. at Nevada

We might slide one more in November...maybe.

I am really excited to go to all these games. I just get so geeked up for the season ever since my dad took me to the East/West Shrine game back in 1978. I haven't got to go to a lot of games, mostly Causeway Classics between UC Davis and Sac St., but those were fun.
I got to see the I-AA championship game between Boise and E. Kentucky in 1980 at Hughes stadium in Sacramento.

When I was in the Corps, I got to be part of the Color Guard for the Holiday Bowl between BYU and Penn St., that was awesome!

I got to watch Marshall Faulk break the single season rushing record against Pacific. I went to root for Pacific, only to sit there at the end and go "Who is this guy?"

Last year, I got to go to Memorial Stadium in Berkely for the first time. They lost to Oregon St. but it was still such a blast. What made it even more fun was my Daughter goes to Oregon St., so we talked smack to each other the whole week before the game. I had to go back and eat crow, but that was fun too.

What can I say...I just love college football...everything about it.
I dont care who wins as long as Notre Dame loses!

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 am

Grayghost...welcome to the board. Always glad to see new board members.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

shandsgator8 wrote:Pretty spirals

Tebow didn't deliver those? :lol:

Speaking of which, Shands, do you think the Broncos were smart to lock in on Tebow? I saw his new throwing motion and he did look a little uncomfortable. Doing that in what basically amounted to a pickup practice is a lot different than doing it in gametime.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 am

I am old enough to remember Fran Tarkenton...who threw an ugly, wobbley ball at times...he said it gave his receivers an opportunity to catch either end of the ball.
Last edited by billybud on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Looking forward to see how Darrren Evans plays after sitting out last year with an injury. If he's healthy, we have a pair of backs who could go well over 1,000 yards.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 pm

I am looking forward to everyone's team winning your rivalry game! Course that ain't gonna happen.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

Vileborg
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Vileborg » Sat May 01, 2010 11:07 am

I think I'll be interested in:

Texas's New Quarterback, I forget his name, but he looked pretty good int he title game in relief of McCoy.

How Tommy Tuberville does at Texas Tech.

Interested to see how much Lane Kiffin flounders at USC.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the new Univ. of VA coach Mike London (took Richmond to NC) to see if he looks like he might be a threat to Va Tech.

Four teams lost the best quarterback I've seen come out of their schools in some time. (Texas recently had Vince Young so I'll concede if you think he was better.) I'll be interested to see how those teams rebound, how teams that lost coaches to other teams and to the NFL can cope. Besides quarterbacks some teams lost a lot of players, Alabama & Oklahoma particularly. It'll be an interesting year with so many of the perennial powerhouses losing key assets.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue May 04, 2010 9:48 pm

I like the fact that SI didn't even rank Georgia. It gets them good and ticked off, like when the played Hawaii.

I can honestly say, Shands, that if Ga wins one game this year and it's against Florida...I will be happy. :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Of course I'm looking forward to everything Texas, but specifically:
1) Seeing DB, Aaron Williams, he has the potential to be the best Texas DB...EVER
2) Seeing GG line up under center

I'll be in Lubbock for Texas' prime time game against Tech. It'll be rowdy and I hope all the fans leave dejected before the end of the first half.

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:59 pm

What do I look forward to in the upcoming season? Well, I am simply happy Akron's nonconference slate is in football and not in basketball. The Zips host Syracuse and play at Indiana and Kentucky. Maybe they should have scheduled Duke too.

Return to “General Discussion”