Strange Anomoly....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Strange Anomoly....

Postby Dossenator » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:49 pm

I was reading the Auburn vs. Arkansas game notes on http://www.hogwired.com

They listed that the Razorbacks have the number 1 rated offense in the SEC after 5 weeks (I am assuming they are basing this on total yards per game...I know they rank #2 in the SEC in rushing). It also said the Razorbacks also rank dead last in time of posession nationally.

Now that is an anomoly... Part of that stat is scewed because of the 4 or 5 turnovers in the USC game. Arkansas seemed to never have the ball in that game because of turnovers.

What do you guys think about the Ark. vs. Auburn game this Saturday? I think it will be pretty good. Arkansas had 2 weeks off to prepare. The big thing is they get many players back that had to sit out of the Bama game because of injury...most notably Full Back Peyton Hillis (considered by many to be the best Full Back in college football). That will only help an all ready outstanding running game. Also, they said this would be the first game that Darren McFadden will be 100% and at full speed. McFadden has been hampered by his surgically repaired toe. Even with a bum toe he is second in rushing in the SEC and is averaging over 100 yards a game. The Hogs lost all SEC linebacker Freddie Fairchild for the season. They are having to rely on freshman, and other players playing out of position to fill his spot. In the Bama game a corner back started in Fairchild's place and registered 16 tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble. Not bad for your first time to ever play the position. I hope the Hogs have a good game plan and can keep the game close. The Hogs from 1998-2002 won 4 out of 5 against the Tigers, but have lost the last three. I hope this Saturday is not number 4. Go Hogs! (if the Hogs can pull off the upset they will be in first place in the SEC West).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Return to “General Discussion”