Boise coming to Atlanta

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Boise coming to Atlanta

Postby Derek » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Boise is coming back to Atlanta and playing Ole Miss.

I can't help but think that the Rebels are going to take this one, they are under-rated IMO.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-teams-first-time-matchups-opening-week/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Re: Boise coming to Atlanta

Postby Eric » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:24 am

I think it's cool that they are playing this game. Boise looked good against Georgia last time, but different players and different teams. Boise has taken a bit of a step back the last two years and you never know how they will respond with the new coaching staff. I also think Ole Miss will win this one with their defense.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:24 am

I think this will be a good game. Boise can win this game. Harsin is the new Coach and was the offensive coordinator under Petersen for ten years before he left to a mess in Texas and then became, once again, a one year coach at Arkansas State where he took the team to the Go Daddy bowl. They won but were coached by an assistant as he had already signed with Boise State. It was when he left Boise the offense slipped a little for many reasons. I think he will be an excellent coach. (I am prejudiced about him for personal reasons.)

Boise reloaded last year with experienced players. I think they will be better than most expect. Boise will not do well in national rankings, as will any school under this new system, regardless of wins. Their goal needs to be to win the MWC.

I seen this game as close and defense making the difference. Boise State wins.

PS Boise State now has an official grocer, Albertsons. 12.5 million for stadium naming rights for 15 years.

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Donovan and I will have a two year back and forth schduled up the road a bit...our teams meet in a home and home----2019-20
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:18 am

donovan wrote:I think this will be a good game. Boise can win this game. Harsin is the new Coach and was the offensive coordinator under Petersen for ten years before he left to a mess in Texas and then became, once again, a one year coach at Arkansas State where he took the team to the Go Daddy bowl. They won but were coached by an assistant as he had already signed with Boise State. It was when he left Boise the offense slipped a little for many reasons. I think he will be an excellent coach. (I am prejudiced about him for personal reasons.)

Boise reloaded last year with experienced players. I think they will be better than most expect. Boise will not do well in national rankings, as will any school under this new system, regardless of wins. Their goal needs to be to win the MWC.

I seen this game as close and defense making the difference. Boise State wins.

PS Boise State now has an official grocer, Albertsons. 12.5 million for stadium naming rights for 15 years.

I have to be honest...I know the pros do it a lot....but I'm so tired of stadiums being named after companies because they fork over a bunch of money.

If Ga ever did that, I would never go to a game again. And I'm not saying that lightly.

But I still have to see one on Blue Turf. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Watching a lot of baseball right now......and I am good with that, but as I picked my ten teams for the Cane Lottery, I found myself checking up on some teams and now I am riled up...ready for the season to start. The main point is....to just continue where we leave off every year, West coast schools get no consideration as the sports reporters give their preseason prognostications. I would think they should invest in Metamucil by the 55 gallon drum size because they are apparently full up to the brim.

I am now thinking...in the stock market you have the Pump and Dump guys who if they get caught go to jail...or we give them bailout money....I ramble, but maybe the government thought they were going to jail and needed bailout money, except the feds just forgot to put them in the clink. Where was I, oh yeah....that is what the reporters do, PUMP and DUMP so the fan base jumps on the games fleas on a Southern dog named Blue. Mississippi -8 over Boise State, game being played this Thursday in Atlanta. They must all get their news for Sports Central or some other 5th column communist group.

FSU has already been crowned National Champion....four teams are in that contest....there is a real championship.....which is probably the only correct call of any of this.

Bring back those dollars we use to bet with....I would be all in......

highfly
Redshirt
Redshirt

Postby highfly » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 pm

This in my opinion, is the game for Thurs night. The A&M/So. Carolina game is getting all they hype and partially due to being the 1st football game on the SEC Network. I think this one will have some fireworks. Everyone wants to see big non-conf games well I love when its the group of 5 getting a crack at it too. Both teams are underrated and under apperciated. I see Ole Miss pulling out a close high scoring game but if Boise can disrupt a young untested O-line they will win. I expect the Boise defense to be much improved but not enough for game one. Hoping Boise wins it but I think if Ole Miss stays healthy they are this years Auburn.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:53 pm

S.Carolina should walk away with this one.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Donovan.....you coming down to Atlanta?

I am heading back to the mountain tomorrow morning...been here a week as safety net for my son who had another surgery...he came out fine.

Only about 110 miles north.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:57 pm

billybud wrote:Donovan.....you coming down to Atlanta?

I am heading back to the mountain tomorrow morning...been here a week as safety net for my son who had another surgery...he came out fine.

Only about 110 miles north.

Not making this date...I would be north in a heart beat...but still trying to get down there....Life is not a simple as I thought it would be.

Good luck this season....

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Good luck as well...and to all who follow their teams...well, except for Cane from the Bend and his one game with my guys.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Ditto ...

I just hope the `noles skin the lizards something fierce this year. Now that the reptiles went into hiding and put our rivalry with them on indefinite hiatus.

Here's to fried gator tail.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”