Merry Christmas

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Merry Christmas

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 am

As we all know for us college football fans, Christmas comes early 8)

What games are you guys most interested in? I debated making the hour and a half trek to Mt. Pleasant to watch Central Michigan play Chattanooga, but decided against it. There are too many good games on TV for me to pass them up. I can't say I'm too interested in A&M and South Carolina as I think the Fighting Spurriers win that one without breaking too much of a sweat. I think Rutgers/Wazzu and Boise/Mississippi will be the games of the night and I also think Temple/Vandy will be entertaining. Temple has a running game and a future star at QB, so they will hang in with Vanderbilt. Their record last year wasn't a good indication of how well they played after they switched QBs.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby billybud » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:46 pm

That game has been getting a lot of coverage here in Western NC...about 150 miles east of Chattanooga (we get their TV stations). The players look so small compared to what I am used to seeing.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly
Redshirt
Redshirt

Postby highfly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Cant say I was interested but that GA State game last night was quite entertaining. As for tonite, I like the Boise/Ole Miss game. I'm also intrigued with the Chatt game vs Central Michigan. I could see this one coming down to the wire like last night's. Chattanooga is bitter about missing the playoffs last year and a win tonite would go a long way in helping them get in this season. I expect them to play very hard but depth, esp in special teams, is always the weakness vs the extra 20 schollies. I think Wazzou puts up a lot of points on Rutgers. Of course, I cant see that one live due to the conflict with Dish and FS1 but thats another story. I had directv for 8 yrs so I kno all about them. Its all good tho nothing can ruin my mood on a night like this!

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 pm

highfly wrote:Cant say I was interested but that GA State game last night was quite entertaining. As for tonite, I like the Boise/Ole Miss game. I'm also intrigued with the Chatt game vs Central Michigan. I could see this one coming down to the wire like last night's. Chattanooga is bitter about missing the playoffs last year and a win tonite would go a long way in helping them get in this season. I expect them to play very hard but depth, esp in special teams, is always the weakness vs the extra 20 schollies. I think Wazzou puts up a lot of points on Rutgers. Of course, I cant see that one live due to the conflict with Dish and FS1 but thats another story. I had directv for 8 yrs so I kno all about them. Its all good tho nothing can ruin my mood on a night like this!

Yeah I heard about Dish Network. I have Charter, who has generally been pretty friendly to sports programming. I think the Mocs and Chippewas will have a pretty competitive game, a lot of CMU fans I know have been trumping up their team this year. They get Cooper Rush at QB who will probably develop into a solid QB with some weapons like Titus Davis and Saylor Lavalli, but I think they are overlooking UTC. I'm a little worried about Toledo against New Hampshire as well.

I don't really get it, if you are going to schedule an FCS school, you might as well get them from the MEAC, SWAC, Patriot, or NEC. The NEC and Patriot League used to not host a certain number of scholarships that made it against the rules for them to play against the FBS, but something changed along the way. I've seen Wagner, Colgate, and Duquesne recently find a way to schedule FBS teams. Northern Illinois has the right idea in playing Presbyterian from the Big South, another relatively weaker conference.

There's also another oddity in the scheduling later this year: Army will play at Yale. I don't remember the last time an FCS school hosted an FBS team and I also don't remember the last time an Ivy League school played against an FBS one.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”