Interesting Bowls?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Interesting Bowls?

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:01 pm

I don't think that the SEC refs call pass interference that does not involve brass knuckles or a lead pipe.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Exactly.....assign crews that have no dog in the fight. And when the FSU Oregon game may well be decided in the interior lines, the refs can call something every play on someone and nobody is going to be able to tell if it was right or wrong.....
.....and as to Spence"s remark.....The Pac 12 refs call everything including the hot dog vendors passing the dog without mustard......
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:58 pm

donovan wrote:Exactly.....assign crews that have no dog in the fight. And when the FSU Oregon game may well be decided in the interior lines, the refs can call something every play on someone and nobody is going to be able to tell if it was right or wrong.....
.....and as to Spence"s remark.....The Pac 12 refs call everything including the hot dog vendors passing the dog without mustard......

I think I want Pac12 refs.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:03 pm

donovan wrote:Exactly.....assign crews that have no dog in the fight. And when the FSU Oregon game may well be decided in the interior lines, the refs can call something every play on someone and nobody is going to be able to tell if it was right or wrong.....
Not sure, but my guess would be that the assignments probably have something to do with how the different crews or officials have been rated during the year. Then have neutral crews for the games.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Just a thought after I watched this game.

The Duck Commander Independence Bowl......that says it all....but wait...if featured tow 6-6 teams one which was 3-5 in its conference....and why am I suppose to get excited about this?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”