FCS D-IAA

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

FCS D-IAA

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:56 pm

The thread where we were posting division IAA is locked. So I'm posting my pick for the championship game here:

Jan. 10, 2015

North Dakota State @ Illinois State-- North Dakota State

We have come this far. Lets see the end!!!

Eric

Re: FCS D-IAA

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with you here. ISU is on a really nice run, but this is the time of the year that the Bison always shine.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 am

North Dakota
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 am

Got to go with a directional school in a directional state.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:48 am

ND State for me.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 pm

I think everyone knows where I stand. NDSU has been on a phenomenal run and much respect to what they've done since joining the MVFC. This is ISU's first ever National Championship game and our fan base is amped up. We will be travelling in good number, maybe not as many as NDSU but the game is in Frisco, TX not Fargo. ISU has gone to EWU's "the inferno" and won, gone to UNH's "the dungeon" and won. This team will not be intimidated.

Special teams will be the biggest key, its been a major weakness in several games but this team has overcome. They don't have to be great, but cant lose it either, NDSU has the clear edge. Redbirds offense is better, take nothing away from Crockett the NDSU RB but more versatility and just as physical front line. The defenses are pretty even, slight edge to NDSU. The front seven is the strength of both teams but the bison back 4 is experienced and a little better. The birds back 4 has shown great progress but they will give 1 or 2 golden opportunities to the opposing QB, UNH didn't execute, thanks in large part to the d-line.

Co-Missouri Valley Football Conference Champs will met for the national title and there can only be one winner. What a way to break the tie. NDSU controls the clock, ISU controls the scoreboard.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:28 pm

highfly24 wrote:I think everyone knows where I stand. NDSU has been on a phenomenal run and much respect to what they've done since joining the MVFC. This is ISU's first ever National Championship game and our fan base is amped up. We will be travelling in good number, maybe not as many as NDSU but the game is in Frisco, TX not Fargo. ISU has gone to EWU's "the inferno" and won, gone to UNH's "the dungeon" and won. This team will not be intimidated.

Special teams will be the biggest key, its been a major weakness in several games but this team has overcome. They don't have to be great, but cant lose it either, NDSU has the clear edge. Redbirds offense is better, take nothing away from Crockett the NDSU RB but more versatility and just as physical front line. The defenses are pretty even, slight edge to NDSU. The front seven is the strength of both teams but the bison back 4 is experienced and a little better. The birds back 4 has shown great progress but they will give 1 or 2 golden opportunities to the opposing QB, UNH didn't execute, thanks in large part to the d-line.

Co-Missouri Valley Football Conference Champs will met for the national title and there can only be one winner. What a way to break the tie. NDSU controls the clock, ISU controls the scoreboard.

There was a time where BYU would expel players from school for that type of conduct. Take the loss and cowboy up. Mendenhall is no Edwards on any count.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I agree. I think you fire a coach for that kind of thing.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:50 am

warrriorsfan808 wrote:The thread where we were posting division IAA is locked. So I'm posting my pick for the championship game here:

Jan. 10, 2015

North Dakota State @ Illinois State-- North Dakota State

We have come this far. Lets see the end!!!

Illinois State .. yep, I went that way.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:10 pm

FCS D-IAA is done and it's now four in a row for North Dakota State! Way to go Bison!!!

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Fun, exciting game. The last 5 mins was just a roller coaster of emotion and crowd swings. Wish the outcome were different but that was one heck of a finish. Weather slowed me down a bit on the way home but here now. Very proud of what ISU accomplished this year. Big props to NDSU fans, that team has won 4 straight national titles but the fan base is very down to earth and just fun to be around. I was expecting a lil arrogance and rub it in type stuff after the game but they were just as gracious and full of kind words after the game as they were before it.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:42 pm

highfly24 wrote:Fun, exciting game. The last 5 mins was just a roller coaster of emotion and crowd swings. Wish the outcome were different but that was one heck of a finish. Weather slowed me down a bit on the way home but here now. Very proud of what ISU accomplished this year. Big props to NDSU fans, that team has won 4 straight national titles but the fan base is very down to earth and just fun to be around. I was expecting a lil arrogance and rub it in type stuff after the game but they were just as gracious and full of kind words after the game as they were before it.

By golly, that is good to hear about the fans....easy to get jaded with the Power 5. Glad you had a good time, maybe next year the outcome will change.

Return to “General Discussion”