Final Regular season top 25 users Poll

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Final Regular season top 25 users Poll

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 pm

It is up.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/cfpusers.php

Thanks to all the voters for keeping the poll going. It will be back next July-August.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Final Regular season top 25 users Poll

Postby donovan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks for doing this, Spence.

I found this interesting. Our combined ranking seems as good as anyone else has. What I took for granted, apparently was not what many did, I have been wrong six or two thousand times before. I assumed if you were going to have a National Playoff, as we did, and the number one and two teams played the winner is one and the loser is two, regardless of the caliber of play in the final game. I see what has happen with all these post season rankinge...ORD...is we want a championship but we don't want to stop seconding guessing it.....about 30 days to Spring Training.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 pm

donovan wrote:Thanks for doing this, Spence.

I found this interesting. Our combined ranking seems as good as anyone else has. What I took for granted, apparently was not what many did, I have been wrong six or two thousand times before. I assumed if you were going to have a National Playoff, as we did, and the number one and two teams played the winner is one and the loser is two, regardless of the caliber of play in the final game. I see what has happen with all these post season rankinge...ORD...is we want a championship but we don't want to stop seconding guessing it.....about 30 days to Spring Training.

Thanks to you guys. It is really interesting to me to see how the poll evolves every year. I'm probably the only one that pays enough attention to it to notice, but it is very interesting. When we first started, lots of guys followed the national polls pretty closely. Now you see lots of reasonable deviations. I think the deviations all come together to make a good end product each week. I actually quit looking at the AP and Coaches a couple years ago. Ours is at least as good.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 am

donovan wrote:.....about 30 days to Spring Training.

And 19 days until National Signing Day.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Am I seeing something wrong or did I not pay enough attention to the season? How is Kansas ranked 24th? In front of Auburn? In front of Arkansas? I was just curious.

CFP Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CFP Admin » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Quite certain this was supposed to be Arkansas. I'm sure Kansas was a mistake. IM'd Spence to fix.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:38 pm

collegefbfan-8898 wrote:Am I seeing something wrong or did I not pay enough attention to the season? How is Kansas ranked 24th? In front of Auburn? In front of Arkansas? I was just curious.

I believe that Kansas was a mistake, but one person voted for them in the poll. I PM'd him to check. If it was a mistake I will change it. If not, all the voters are allowed to vote their opinion so it would stand. The voters are allowed to vote their opinion without editing so I will only change it if it was a mistake. Check it in a couple days to see the updated results. Thanks for checking it out and caring. You can vote next year of you would like.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:40 pm

First the verdict, then the trial.....Kansas State....... and off with my head.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:19 am

donovan wrote:First the verdict, then the trial.....Kansas State....... and off with my head.

If mistakes resulted in loss of head I would be the headless moderator.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:23 am

The users poll is updated and finalized. Here is the link.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/cfpusers.php

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:14 am

I think it's interesting that Alabama, TCU, and Oregon tied for #2-#4. The odds of that can't be too big, but I guess it was too close to call :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

Eric wrote:I think it's interesting that Alabama, TCU, and Oregon tied for #2-#4. The odds of that can't be too big, but I guess it was too close to call :lol:

There were only 4 voters in the final poll. That had something to do with it.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:47 am

That was somewhat my point, when you buy into a playoff, the "ranking" of teams is determined by that playoff. What a final poll is, an effort to keep a vestige of something no longer needed. The playoffs determine the final poll, in this case the top four. Tournaments do not take into account a "body of work," only the final outcome of the tournament. Sure the body of work determines who goes to the tournament, but at that point the past is moot. I do not like the football playoff, though this one was exciting.

Take basketball, after the final 64 tournament or whatever number it will be this year, does anyone say the winner of the tournament it not the NC and the runner up gets second, etc?

This years football season is over. We may have for many started a new season, but last year is over. Why were there only four voters? There's the answer.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 am

donovan wrote:That was somewhat my point, when you buy into a playoff, the "ranking" of teams is determined by that playoff. What a final poll is, an effort to keep a vestige of something no longer needed. The playoffs determine the final poll, in this case the top four. Tournaments do not take into account a "body of work," only the final outcome of the tournament. Sure the body of work determines who goes to the tournament, but at that point the past is moot. I do not like the football playoff, though this one was exciting.

Take basketball, after the final 64 tournament or whatever number it will be this year, does anyone say the winner of the tournament it not the NC and the runner up gets second, etc?

This years football season is over. We may have for many started a new season, but last year is over. Why were there only four voters? There's the answer.

Yeah, I thought of not doing the final poll because of the playoffs, but i decided that the playoff may not have decided the champ for everyone and we should let the voters have their voice. Ohio State wasn't the unanimous choice in our poll so there were differing opinions. Our poll was created to voice our opinion so I thought it best to keep the final poll.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:55 pm

I do understand your thinking and I am certainly good with the final poll. I would toss out the playoff.

Return to “General Discussion”