Wolfe Not Doing anything

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Wolfe Not Doing anything

Postby BYUfan1 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:40 pm

For all those Garrett Wolfe for Heisman people out there (Includes me), I don't have much good news to pass out. NIU is losing to western Michigan 10-7 at the half and Wolfe is not doing much. I don't the official numbers yet, but I think it is about 8 carries for 8 yards. NIU hasn't had the ball. Horvath has thrown 2 INTs and the team's only score came off a blocked punt recovered in the endzone for a TD. The defense needs to make some early stops so the offense can get the ball. Hopefully, Wolfe and the team will pick things up in the second half.

Go Huskies!
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Okay, I'm just warning you that the Broncos are a pretty good footbal team, might beat Central out for the MAC West title. I am going with CMU though.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:06 pm

Eric wrote:Okay, I'm just warning you that the Broncos are a pretty good footbal team, might beat Central out for the MAC West title. I am going with CMU though.
You have to credit the W. Michigan defesne for shutting down N. Illinois offense, nearly entirely (especially rushing). They said they had one of the best rushing defenses, and it showed. G.W. never was a 'viable' Heisman trophy candidate in my opinion, for the following reason: N. Illinois hasn't won, consistently.
Unfortunately the two go hand-in-hand, and a very good player on a 'so-so' team doesn't necessarily equal 'media darlings', nor should it, IMO.
Supposedly, Troy Smith is now the odds-on favorite to win the Heisman Trophy, and I believe he's a deserving candidate. Brady Quinn, hasn't lived up to the 'hype'. Michigan might still have something to say, about who ultimately wins it. Manningham, I thought was a candidate, as was Hart, but the odds seem to favor a QB winning it. Maybe Chad Henne will still 'put up a fight'. Zac Tayor has played exceptionally well, also.
I had hoped Mason Crosby might win it, for CU, but 'not gonna happen!'.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Wolfe was a heisman candidate, but he never had a shot to win it. I think he got off to a fast start and started paying more attention to the hype than playing hard. He didn't do great against Miami OH and his odds of breaking the rushing record went down a little bit, but now it will be next to impossible with like, what, 50 rushing yards against Western Michigan?

Troy Smith is probably, at this point, the leader although there are some good challengers out there. This year is nothing like last season. Not enough star power or good teams and a ton of bad football teams.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”