Week 2, great games

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Week 2, great games

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:15 am

Nothing like a Saturday to watch football when your team has already rolled the opposition and put up the points. I'm gonna watch UK play Florida at 3:30pm EST for sure to see if they can 'end' a 29 year drought. I'm thinking it will be 30 after today. Will do some channel flipping for other good games. Also (yuck) must cut the back yard sometime today.

Swamp Daddy :)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Week 2, great games

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:30 am

Absolutely, there is a certain smugness that happens when our teams win prior to Saturday. It just feels good.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Not sure about that many great games in week 2, comparing to the quality matchups in week 1. However, I am sure there will be some good games. I missed Central Michigan's win over Okie St, but that must have been an exciting game.

Of course, this evening I have both my favorite teams playing. Iowa vs Iowa St, which is often a more competitive game than it should be. Arkansas vs TCU. I remember when Arkansas had beaten TCU over 20 straight years. TCU is certainly a different team than they were in the old SWC.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Certainly 2 great games for my household. I was pretty excited about Army getting another win today. First time in 6 seasons they have won games in consecutive weeks and first time in 20 years to start a season 2-0. That result and just some quality close games to enjoy would be enough to make happy. Last week was fun as I took the family to the Redbird home opener last week and thought that was enjoyable as well. However,

my Alma Mater Illinois State Redbirds going up and beating Northwestern today was awesome. N'Western is struggling but its still a Big 10 win and certainly helps justify our top 10 FCS ranking. Hoping for 2 great seasons from each program, but great is defined different for them in my book.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:33 am

highfly24 wrote:Certainly 2 great games for my household. I was pretty excited about Army getting another win today. First time in 6 seasons they have won games in consecutive weeks and first time in 20 years to start a season 2-0. That result and just some quality close games to enjoy would be enough to make happy. Last week was fun as I took the family to the Redbird home opener last week and thought that was enjoyable as well. However,

my Alma Mater Illinois State Redbirds going up and beating Northwestern today was awesome. N'Western is struggling but its still a Big 10 win and certainly helps justify our top 10 FCS ranking. Hoping for 2 great seasons from each program, but great is defined different for them in my book.
Same here for me. Two nice wins by the Hawkeyes and Razorbacks.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 am

Razorbacks are good at the dramatic. Halfway through the 4th quarter hogs were up 20-7 and had a first and goal from the tcu 2. A TD pretty much seals the victory. Instead they can not punch it in and settle for a fg attempt...and miss.

Then TCU scores 3 TD's in a short amount of time to take 8 point lead. Ark marches down and scores TD. They go for 2 and the tie....double handoff and we pass to the qb is successful. With 1 min left in regulation ark kicks to tcu and they return it to the ark 30. Looked to be game over when tcu comes in to attempt a 20 something yard fg. But Ark blocks it and games goes into overtime. 2nd overtime Ark forces tcu into a fg. Ark scores a TD on a qb run from the 5.

I guess scoring from the 2 and putting the game away is to much to ask. Are they trying to give hog fans heart attacks.

I am happy for the win!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:25 am

Bad day for the Big 12..

Arkansas beats ranked TCU

Kansas gets beat by a MAC team

Oklahoma State loses to Central Michigan

Arizona State beats Texas Tech

Iowa gets plastered 42-3 by Iowa
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Billybud, I sure did enjoy watching FSU beat Ole Miss a couple weeks ago. Ark does a pretty good job at doing that most years and beating them always puts a smile on my face.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:21 pm

I was expecting the typical Arkansas meltdown once they couldn't punch it in to go up 27-7. I smelled a Bielema-esque collapse coming, and it almost came true. It's a win nonetheless :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”