Washington State v USC

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Washington State v USC

Postby donovan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:45 pm

I just want Washington State to win.

Here is an article about Mike Leach....easy to see why he is crazy and so well liked.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20847734/two-days-palouse-washington-state-coach-mike-leach
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Washington State v USC

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 pm

donovan wrote:I just want Washington State to win.

Here is an article about Mike Leach....easy to see why he is crazy and so well liked.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20847734/two-days-palouse-washington-state-coach-mike-leach

I wonder if he's built a shed near the field? :)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Leech is always full of stories and general knowledge it seems. I enjoy his interviews or lil tidbits I read like this. It didnt end well at Tx Tech but I'm still not sure that wasnt the silver spoon being taken from a kid that didnt know how to live without it. I think he and the staff went too far and discipline was required but nothing similar was or has yet to be reported. Lesson learned maybe?? Hard to say these days.

To the game and things I might actually know something about....I would like to see Wazzou win. I think USC is overrated and I have zero clue why that QB is in the Heisman talk. He has played mediocre with a few moments of pretty good. I've seen nothing to suggest he is the best player except is from one of the "right" schools. Wazzou always has that chance to just disappear entirely, but lets hope its later, like late Nov. Speaking of, it seems the Apple Cup has become a relevant rivalry out west again. When I was in Seattle it seemed both teams couldnt combine for 6 wins heading into it.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:16 pm

My goodness I couldn't agree more.

Sam Darnold hasn't been that spectacular. He is an average quarterback playing at an elite school, with a bunch of talent around him that make him look better than he actually is.

If you watch any of USC's game, you'll hear praise for him all game long. Any play that he performs that has a successful result, including mere first downs, the commentators simply laud over him. If he throws the ball into coverage, whether it gets batted down or intercepted, the commentators are almost apologists, making excuses on his behalf.

Media outside of game time, continues to revere him as a first round draft choice. I even saw one interview, where the "expert" said the Patriots should trade of Tom Brady after this season, and work a deal to pick up Darnold in the draft ??? :?

As is the case with many high profile school; the media does much of their politicking and general spotlighting key position players, to get the common viewers awareness of said named player to saturate the masses with exposure.

One might be led to believe some of this is maybe an "Understood" relationship between the media and some schools of certain stature. Maybe the FBI could shed a little light in that dark corner to press the NCAA further.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:27 am

Well. A Cougars win. Darnold had some low numbers. That getting rid of the ball as he got sacked on last play of the Trojans possession. Like he threw it at the ground. I predicted three losses for them this season. I agree he is average.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:37 am

This was a spectator's game. Two teams played hard. Not sure how good either team is but tonight WSU out coached USC all game. WSU play calling was amazing and their defense was as tenacious as I have seen. USC was no slouch and capitalized on mistakes and made some big play. Without mistakes, WSU could have won by 20, but that is true of most games. Falk was good as was Darnold. The interior lines of both offense and defense of WSU won the game, I think. USC will lose some more game, as well a WSU some, but they have become a force to be reckoned with. The Apple cup should be the game of the Pac 12 this year.

News outlets report that WSU won in the final seconds, which they did...but they didn't watch the game. So many excuses being made for USC, injuries, etc. Fact is, WSU is a good ball team. USC was just out coached, imo.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Old Ducker
All-American
All-American

Postby Old Ducker » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Leach is a really weird guy, but really smart people are often pretty weird.
The artist formerly known as Fluiddude

Return to “General Discussion”