Fantasy Conference Rules / Selections

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Fantasy Conference Rules / Selections

Postby billybud » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 pm

I pick for #8....FAU
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:42 pm

I'm finding it hard to believe this team is still available.....Homerism didn't win out @MountainMan?? If I missed it, let me know....

To close out these exciting rounds of the Draft...(and probably the busiest time this board has seen in 5 years :lol: :lol: )....I def need to look at the statistics for the month.

Pick 8: West Virginia
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Derek wrote:That's TWO picks that highfly has ruthlessly stolen from me!! 8)

Thats funny because I was going to take Air Force the whole time, my mind was made up even as I logged in. I was worried that Donovan might've drafted them overnight but then I saw he went with Beat Navy instead. Then at the last minute I was like eh why not, I'll take USC and see what happens.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Derek wrote:I'm finding it hard to believe this team is still available.....Homerism didn't win out @MountainMan?? If I missed it, let me know....

To close out these exciting rounds of the Draft...(and probably the busiest time this board has seen in 5 years :lol: :lol: )....I def need to look at the statistics for the month.

Pick 8: West Virginia

The Mountaineers are an unknown........

THE DARK SIDE....... graduation, transfers, guys asked to leave, guys given no choice but to leave, a new coaching staff from top to bottom, new schemes on both sides of the ball, kicking game still unsettled, and no decision as of yet who will be the quarterback.

THE BRIGHT SIDE...... offensive and defensive front looking pretty good, linebackers looking alright but we’ll have to wait and see, running backs are really good, and then there’s the back side of the defense that just very well be a disaster.

Against a tough Big Boy Schedule in Conference along with Missouri and NC State and opening with James Madison, who’s no pushover........ I’m hoping for 6 and 6, wishing for 7 and 5, praying for 8 and 4, and don’t believe I’ve got a prayer. 8)

Let’s Gooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 pm

---

Speaking of N.C. State; there's a team who didn't get picked, that could have been a solid bottom 2 selection.

Also, Stanford stayed out there, as well.

Pitt has some question marks, but has potential.
Boston College could have been an okay bottom half team.

Arizona was underwhelming a season ago; but are now in their second year under coach Sumlin. Khalil Tate being injured last season didn't help things for the Wildcats. Tate is back and Healthy this year. So they should be improved.

However, Georgia Southern is a team I had all but settled on. A 10 win program last year --- Returning 7 Starters on Offense and 7 Starters on Defense.

Their downside, is that they open the year in Baton Rouge.
Have an FCS opponent in the second week.
Then travel to Minneapolis to face Minnesota in week three.
On the back end of their schedule, b2b games @ App St & Troy

They could be better than Appalachian State or Troy this year. Or, if not better, decent enough to squeak by one with a win.

I passed on them. But they might make me regret it --- I just know none of you took them either, so 8)

I did notice, though ...

Other than USF, every team from the state of Florida was scarfed up.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 pm

ALMOST picked Stanford over Northwestern.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:53 am

I almost picked Microsoft stock years ago. :mrgreen:
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:26 am

`

And to ponder; prior to the 2000 announcement release of the iPod, MAC stock was $17 a share.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 pm

I liked NC State...but my ACC field was capped.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”