Fantasy Conference 2019

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Fantasy Conference 2019

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm

--- update ---

Week Eight

Mountainman: 33
Billybud: 30
Dossenator: 28
Highfly: 27
Cane: 22
Derek: 21.5
Donovan: 18.5

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 pm

What a crazy week ...

Derek, I got past the first three teams thinking, Wow! This is going well for you; then I saw that your bottom five all lost, giving you a half point for the week.

Mountainman, your teams did enough to keep you ahead of the pack. Nothing dramatic, but significant scoring to maintain 1rst place.

Billybud really had a positive week; jumping from 26.5 all the way up to 30 --- You leap back into 2cnd place, and are in position to potentially challenge Mountainman for the leader spot.

Highfly; Thank goodness Texas didn't lose versus Kansas [2 point win margin]. Had the Longhorns not kicked that field goal as time expired, coming away with the victory, your group would have had O for the week --- Minnesota & USC are looking strong here at the end for you, too. [what a nice choice in the Gofers] --- For now, you are able to cling to your 3rd place spot

Doss; what a showing the past two weeks. You climb all the way up to 28 points, leaving you just a half point behind Highfly --- With your top 3 teams being Oklahoma, Utah & Oregon, it feels like you'll likely be able to keep stride with the leaders --- If Virginia Tech continues to improve, and San Diego State producing at the bottom of your conference; Look Out!

Every time Miami loses, I immediately think, "Terrible year ... now I've gotta Cringe while scoring the rest of my pathetic carpetbaggers doing what they can to sink this ship" --- I'll be darned, if I didn't have a pretty solid week --- Outside of the Hurricanes attempt at trying their hand as the worst ACC team, and Notre Dame sitting out the week; all of the other teams in my conference actually won. Six of Seven active brought home a +1.

On a week where his Alma Mater [BYU] took down the mighty Paragon he championed the last 15 years [Boise State]; He pulls in the maximum numbers of points you can get in a week, without the half point bonus being introduced --- Every Single Team in Donovan's Conference Won. All Eight Played, All Eight Won --- it's just too bad the old sourpuss isn't here to Elucidate upon us his thoughts about it.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:__________________________________________

What a crazy week ...

Derek, I got past the first three teams thinking, Wow! This is going well for you; then I saw that your bottom five all lost, giving you a half point for the week.

Mountainman, your teams did enough to keep you ahead of the pack. Nothing dramatic, but significant scoring to maintain 1rst place.

Billybud really had a positive week; jumping from 26.5 all the way up to 30 --- You leap back into 2cnd place, and are in position to potentially challenge Mountainman for the leader spot.

Highfly; Thank goodness Texas didn't lode versus Kansas [2 point win margin]. Had the Longhorns not kicked that field goal as time expired, coming away with the victory, your group would have had O for the week --- Minnesota & USC are looking strong here at the end for you, too. [what a nice choice in the Gofers] --- For now, you are able to cling to your 3rd place spot

Doss; what a showing the past two weeks. You climb all the way up to 28 points, leaving you just a half point behind Highfly --- With your top 3 teams being Oklahoma, Utah & Oregon, it feels like you'll likely be able to keep stride with the leaders --- If Virginia Tech continues to improve, and San Diego State producing at the bottom of your conference; Look Out!

Every time Miami loses, I immediately think, "Terrible year ... now I've gotta Cringe while scoring the rest of my pathetic carpetbaggers doing what they can to sink this ship" --- I'll be darned, if I didn't have a pretty solid week --- Outside of the Hurricanes attempt at trying their hand as the worst ACC team, and Notre Dame sitting out the week; all of the other teams in my conference actually won. Six of Seven active brought home a +1.

On a week where his Alma Mater [BYU] took down the mighty Paragon he championed the last 15 years [Boise State]; He pulls in the maximum numbers of points you can get in a week, without the half point bonus being introduced --- Every Single Team in Donovan's Conference Won. All Eight Played, All Eight Won --- it's just too bad the old sourpuss isn't here to Elucidate upon us his thoughts about it.

There is already a hole in this board without his posts. :( :( :( :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:13 pm

Derek wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:__________________________________________

What a crazy week ...

Highfly; Thank goodness Texas didn't lode versus Kansas [2 point win margin]. Had the Longhorns not kicked that field goal as time expired, coming away with the victory, your group would have had O for the week --- Minnesota & USC are looking strong here at the end for you, too. [what a nice choice in the Gofers] --- For now, you are able to cling to your 3rd place spot

There is already a hole in this board without his posts. :( :( :( :(

I agree. Whether or not I posted, I looked forward to his thoughts when I logged in every day. I have thought about him a lot this week, something that seems strange to someone I never met personally. I just felt like I did.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:40 am

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

My team is finally showing up.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:47 am

There were probably a lot of picks some have made that they wish they didn't, but I think Northwestern might be the dumbest pick you could make in all of CFB.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:06 am

Billy...

...Now that Boise has stumbled...a self proclaimed UCF type National Championship" is out the window....They were set up to run the table.

Donovan...

...It doesn't matter, anyway. The P5 House of Lords were not going to let a commoner be crowned.

Billy...,

Of course not, you still have to pull the sword out of the stone. Not out of beach sand.

Donovan...

Reality has always been aglow with dreamers whose hopes are baptized in rejuvenation. Who are we? Where on the great path will we be reborn? Our conversations with other dreamers have led to an evolving of supra-unrestricted consciousness.

Billy...

Your presence is still here, my friend.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 am

Yes it is.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Tough week my picks and my teams failed but wow Wisconsin really laid an egg right before heading to the 'Shoe. Baffled how they lost to Illinois. Lovie may have saved his job/their season, but Purdue and Rutgers are must win games. The seat is still hot but a few wins and a bowl bid wouldn't hurt.

Sadly, Army isn't playing to the level many, including me, expected. Need to get a big win at home this weekend. The fans still love Coach Monken, more worried about him leaving than being fired. Like always the season is still defined by what is to come, at AFA, in Philly vs navy. Win those, win a bowl and the fan base will be excited. I'm ok with cheering for the low hanging fruit. National championships will never be attainable and its such a different recruitment process. No one goes to West Point to launch their NFL career. It can and has happened but thats clearly the exception.

Derek wrote:There is already a hole in this board without his posts. :( :( :(

I agree. I havent had much worth posting but I like to check in and just read the random thoughts. He always had some interesting takes and often had me reflecting back on my time out West.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:12 pm

--- update ---

Week Nine

Mountainman: 37
Billybud: 34
Dossenator: 32
Highfly: 28.5
--------------------
Cane: 22.5
Derek: 22
Donovan: 22

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 pm

I felt at this point, I may as well put a divider between the top half and bottom half of the participants. The point values are fairly large in their margin gap.

Mountainman continues to stack up the points. All the way up to 37 now. At them moment; you seem very comfortable in your lead.

Billybud is lined up in 2cnd place, gathering up some extra points, sits just 3 point behind with 34. FSU is turning the page, and might be the answer to get a point or two you may not have expected a few weeks ago --- Mississippi St might be dragging you down a bit, but having both Clemson & Penn State has bee a treasure.

Doss; even with Oklahoma losing you still climbed up that ladder. You're all the way to 32, within 2 points of second place --- Oklahoma State beating Texas was a boon. With Oregon & Utah chugging along, you've got some push left in you.

Highfly; you slid back a little, though, are not out of the competition just yet --- Having Washington sitting out for the week didn't help matters. Especially when Wisconsin, Texas, Army & Missouri all lost. Toledo pulling out the victory in overtime was a saver. Elsewise, you'd be down below the 30 point scores. With Minnesota & USC winning, you are treading with your head above water.

Just when I had a good thing going; I had a slump this week, again --- Miami won (thankfully), and App State continues to press onward. I certainly needed that Texas A&M win over Missi State, because with Cincy sitting on a bye, everyone else in my conference lost. I'm at 22.5 point ... which is just a half point above last place.

Derek; Georgia & Florida being idle didn't held your cause. And coming out of that bye week, they will be facing each other a week before the Playoff Committee poll gets released, so you'll only accumulate a half point for the game, without the bonus --- LSU is looking strong, and maybe the best 3rd selection in this competition. TCU beating Texas salvaged your week, or you'd have broke even. Syracuse & Northwestern are busts. And Arizona State, who looked promising early this season, might be headed down the same road as the Orange & Wildcats.

Donovan's conference crawled out from its solidarity in the abyss, to be in a tie with Derek. At 22 points, he has a shot at even passing me with another decent week --- Although Washington State & Fresno State are duds; Marshall & Navy are turning out to be not bad picks, while Ohio State might just go on to win it all.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Thank you for all the work you put in on this Cane!

Speaking of LSU.....I think next year (or this year) the player that picks the NC team should get an extra 2 or 3 points at the end. 8) :lol:

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Derek wrote:Thank you for all the work you put in on this Cane!

Speaking of LSU.....I think next year (or this year) the player that picks the NC team should get an extra 2 or 3 points at the end. 8) :lol:

:lol:

Well, at least for LSU, if they do win it all, they'll have 3 post season games vs top fifteen opponents which would give them a + 1.5 bonus.

I just have to hope Notre Dame gets a top 15 ranked Bowl opponent at this point. `Cause without a CCG or the playoffs, the best they can do is bring in an extra half point ... assuming they even win their Bowl Game.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:39 pm

Im hurting this week. 5 teams on bye. The 3 I do have, USC, Wash and Army could all lose. This week could do me in.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:12 am

--- update ---

Week Ten

Mountainman: 39.5
Billybud: 39
Dossenator: 35

-----------------------

Cane: 27.5
Highfly: 27
Donovan: 25.5
Derek: 20.5

-----------------------

Playoff Poll Top 15:

#1 Ohio State
#2 LSU
#3 Alabama
#4 Penn State
#5 Clemson
#6 Georgia
#7 Oregon
#8 Utah
#9 Oklahoma
#10 Florida
#11 Auburn
#12 Baylor
#13 Wisconsin
#14 Michigan
#15 Notre Dame

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”