Fantasy Conference 2019

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Fantasy Conference 2019

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:40 pm

---

Texas, Army & Missouri all; had the week off.

Makes me wonder how many points Highfly would have if they had played.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:50 pm

This week is my turmn to fall back...FSU, Clemson Mississippi State, FAU and Virginia have byes...5 of ten teams...ouchie
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 am

---

And then Clemson & FSU play each other coming off of that bye; so you miss 2 potential this week to pick up a half point next.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 am

You have made my morning....double ouch
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:32 pm

billybud wrote:This week is my turmn to fall back...FSU, Clemson Mississippi State, FAU and Virginia have byes...5 of ten teams...ouchie

Yup it will even out in the end but that will make for a tough week.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:53 am

To add to my woes...

Mississippi State has suspended ten players for 8 games....they are staggering the suspension so that all ten are not out for the same game...but still...

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:05 pm

--- update ---

Week Six

Mountainman: 27
Billybud: 25
Highfly: 24.5
Derek: 20.5
Dossenator: 17.5
Cane: 13
Donovan: 10

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:55 pm

---

Idle hands are a changer ...

Billybud with 5 teams on a bye, where my conference saw 4 --- and like Billybud having Clemson vs Florida State facing each other coming out of the off week; I have Houston coming from a bye to play Cincinnati and Texas A&M to play Alabama. [though, Bama is not one of my teams, I'm sure we all know how that game is going toend]

Billybud's really took effect, as 2 of his 3 teams had a loss, neutralizing the 1 win his conference picked up; bringing him to a zero point total on the week.

Fortunately for me, at least 3 of the 4 teams I had in play won ... but Miami [whom I passed Ohio State for in the selections] continues to be the anchor that refuses to stop dragging bottom.

Also sitting by the wayside, passively observing, was the Playoff Selection Committee.

Since this bunch has decided to push their first poll back to November; it really puts a stint in the scoring process --- If the top 15 had been in effect this week, Derek would have seen a + half point bonus with the Florida win over Auburn. While Mountainman would have seen an offset of Iowa losing, since Michigan would have picked up the extra 0.5 giving him the full point for the win.

Heck, Billybud won't be able to receive his half point for the Seminoles win over Clemson this weekend ... ... ... ... ... ...
:shock: :? :| :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, maybe not that --- But Houston can't 'Potentially' get a half point bonus for beating Cincy ... ... ... ... ... ... well, alright, that likely is a bad example, too. The probability of Cincinnati being ranked in the Committee's top 15, even after beating UCF, is pretty darn low.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That all being said; Mountainman & Highfly both make heavy gains this week, as they both jump past the Idling Billybud.

Most everyone has a plus week, earning more points [however moderate]; and I might even be within reaching distance of 3rd place with another solid week or two. [which is still not saying much, seeing as I have only half the points of Highfly's 2cnd place score]

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:37 am

Hey Cane....so the Noles are 27 point dogs.....don't rub it in.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:and I might even be within reaching distance of 3rd place with another solid week or two. [which is still not saying much, seeing as I have only half the points of Highfly's 2cnd place score]

Whoops; that should be within reaching distance of 4th place ...

billybud wrote:Hey Cane....so the Noles are 27 point dogs.....don't rub it in.

At least the `noles are making positive strides forward. The `Canes haven't even figured out who they are yet, and we're 1 game away from the half way point of the season. Which will no doubt be another loss, since the game is Friday Night vs Virginia.

2-4 to start the year; with our only wins against Bethune-Cookman & Central Michigan = not good.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:01 pm

At least you know who your QB will be.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 am

--- update ---

Week Seven

Mountainman: 30.5
Highfly: 26.5
Billybud: 26.5
Dossenator: 23
Derek: 21
Cane: 16.5
Donovan: 10.5

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:29 am

Mountainman is the first to breech the 30 point barrier ... while I haven't even managed 20 points yet [greedy coal minin' tree limbin bootlegger]

It looked for a moment like Donovan was going to lose a half point as I was running down the list of his teams 1 at a time; only to have Navy save the day with their win over Tulsa, giving him a + 0.5 instead --- I imagine his candor with a nod & a wink smiling down right about now.

Doss --- I must have slipped up somewhere; since I counted your score up, and you somehow seem to have advanced up to 23 points. Which was perplexing, because I had you at 17.5 and 3 of you teams were on a bye week; yet, to make it to 23, you would have needed + 5.5 --- but you only had 5 active teams, and Va Tech played an FCS opponent, which mean you'd only had a possible + 4.5 ...

I checked, rechecked, then recounted, then matched the numbers from the Schedules, to the points in the Conference post at the top of the page, and all the numbers come up the same ...

I dunno where I goofed; all I can tell you is the score is currently accurate, and you gained points in the process.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:00 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:__________________________________________

Mountainman is the first to breech the 30 point barrier ... while I haven't even managed 20 points yet [greedy coal minin' tree limbin bootlegger]

........you fergitted cork-pullin’, coonskin cap wearin’, mule riddin’, rifle toten’, womenizn’, cousin-kissin’, scoundrel.

Uh-man fancies his complete re-zoom-eee be spoke when uh-bein’ spoke ‘bout in publick.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:55 pm

:lol:
Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”