Florida State v Boise State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Florida State v Boise State

Postby donovan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am

The suspense is over. Florida State has picked a Quarterback...The same one they had last year, James Blackman What makes this better...
"And he's learning the scheme without a playbook. In fact, everyone is.

It's a new wrinkle for Florida State in 2019, something Taggart has embraced -- and so has the players.

"It's a great thing not having a playbook because you have to go and make sure you write up the plays by yourself," Blackman said. "And go study by yourself and make your own playbook. Guys are really putting in the work to learn and understand your job."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Florida State v Boise State

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:53 am

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:29 pm

This game will be interesting....last year's Nole offensive line was putrid and the offense smelled like five day old road kill.

They might be a little better this year, enough to be fair to middlin'.

Boise has a great defense with a couple of early rounders on the line...if Boise gets by FSU, they could run the table.

FSU OFFENSE....yep...no playbook. New OC...will run a hurry up-spread.

PASSING GAME....

The Noles will have Tammarion Terry out wide...6'4 and a 4.4 40 with basketball jump height....I assume that Boise will scheme to bring help in coverage. Otherwise it might be Scary Terry.

Also at WR will be Wilson...6'0 and fast....expect a lot of fly patterns to spread the defense...and leave room for the tight end and slot back to cut across the middle or out.

Will the Noles be able to pass block enough to give Blackman a few seconds? Critical game point.

RUNNING GAME...

This is a mystery...two good RB's but will the O line be able to block a very good, very experienced Boise State?

I expect a better run game than last year, but that is not saying a lot.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 pm

Bigger, faster, stronger is so difficult to beat. Always seems to me that is the basic difference between big schools and the rest. That all goes to FSU
Though FSU may feel this is not a home game, it for sure seems that way and that is always an advantage. FSU side of the field is sold out...not so much BSU..Costs $1192 to make the trip with a group.

Boise will have fresh legs. I think they are reasonably deep. Harsin is not a Petersen and does not seem to have as much faith in the bench as in yesteryears.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm

You don't really need a play book to run the spread. Watch what the DE does, respond, repeat.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:48 am

Interestingly...on the Warchant pay board...in the score prediction thread, a pretty sizable number are picking Boise...

....based on FSU's unproven offense (playing a true freshman at left tackle)....a new defensive scheme...respect for Boise's defense...and, they think that Boise's quarterback is the real deal...someone who has been under the radar nationally, but who will win a bunch of games.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:28 am

BOISE STATE VS. FLORIDA STATE
When: 5 p.m. MT Saturday
Where: TIAA Bank Field (67,164, grass), Jacksonville, Florida
TV: ESPN (Dave Pasch, Greg McElroy, Tom Luginbill) WOW there's a line up
Radio: KBOI 670 AM/KTIK 93.1 FM (Bob Behler, Pete Cavender)
Records: Boise State was 10-3 last year; Florida State was 5-7
Series: First meeting
Vegas line: Florida State by 5 1/2
Weather: Mid-80s, 10-20 mph wind, scattered thunderstorms Remind me again why people want to live in the South. I think that covers almost all the weather possible

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 am

donovan wrote:BOISE STATE VS. FLORIDA STATE
When: 5 p.m. MT Saturday
Where: TIAA Bank Field (67,164, grass), Jacksonville, Florida
TV: ESPN (Dave Pasch, Greg McElroy, Tom Luginbill) WOW there's a line up
Radio: KBOI 670 AM/KTIK 93.1 FM (Bob Behler, Pete Cavender)
Records: Boise State was 10-3 last year; Florida State was 5-7
Series: First meeting
Vegas line: Florida State by 5 1/2
Weather: Mid-80s, 10-20 mph wind, scattered thunderstorms Remind me again why people want to live in the South. I think that covers almost all the weather possible

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=2quMAzGz&id=801ADBB403848A6611A6FE77029C7745F027F075&thid=OIP.2quMAzGzw_dKnMsAm4Z_JwHaDt&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FC1lU01pVEAEKttA.jpg%3Alarge&exph=480&expw=960&q=Boise+Idaho+Snow&simid=608008475872724408&selectedindex=0&vt=4&eim=8,3,4,2,1,6&sim=11&pivotparams=insightsToken%3Dccid_L9UvnPuC*mid_57673CD09A507C16EAB41FA46DA1B005E09EB71B*simid_607994182202032206*thid_OIP.3Ccm-RZlzVJskezrUw27jgHaE9&iss=VSI
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:41 pm

I don’t know how that stadium is configured, but that wind, at 20mph, might be a factor on long passing attempts and punts...... this ought to be a good one, lots of interest around this board.

I’ll be in Morgantown, after a 2pm kickoff, either sobbing or enjoying watching this one..... :wink:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Wind and rain would be an advantage to Boise with their offensive and defensive lines...

Just watched a video where BJ Rains (Blue Turf Sports) was in an interview with FSU's Briles...

Rains is real bullish on Boise this season...says one of the best offensive and defensive lines in the nation...and the WR unit is one of best in the west.

I should show humble concern...but that was what I needed to go all homer fan....

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:33 pm

There's another good reason to live in the South.

BSU has some good receivers, Hightower has been very good. Whether or not the new QB can get the ball to them is the question.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:42 am

Mr. Billybud....are all of you going to be safe as well as your property.

Moving the game....they are doing it...but seems to me football is just not that important. Boise is becoming the weather cursing team.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:51 am

Game moved to Tallahassee...with 1 !/2 days notice, the FSU administration has done a great job of rounding up security, volunteers to man the gates, concession vendors, etc.

All seats sold as general admission...no reserved seats (anyone can sit where the Golden Cheif boosters sit if you get there first)...

Stadium will be half empty...folks in state are securing property...gas lines now...worry about gas available to get home.

And yeah...we all worry...it took us 6 months to repair Michael's damage....hope Dorian turns north before hitting the coast...but so far, that's not NOAA's prediction..

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:28 pm

FSU will win this game !

Says Billy with all of the confidence of a 4 year old wearing a superman shirt and a towel tied as a cape...

I've always trusted my cape.

Last edited by billybud on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”