If You Like To Watch Offensive Line Play.......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: If You Like To Watch Offensive Line Play.......

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 am

Triple digit temps iat Tallahassee in September....First time triple digits in September since 1931.

...the fans can't sit at an afternoon game....need night kick offs, not 3:330.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am

And...since my mind seems to be reeling from too much football...

...Notre Dame's leprechaun is always a male (and white)...is this right in this day?...is no one offended (especially on the west coast)?

...how about a transgender leprechaun..or a black leprechaun...or a leprechaun with mammory glands?

...or at least put the lad out there in a tie dye rainbow shirt to deflect criticism...maybe the Irish need to play up the fact that Leprechauns are Irish fairies....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:43 am

billybud wrote:And...since my mind seems to be reeling from too much football...

...Notre Dame's leprechaun is always a male (and white)...is this right in this day?...is no one offended (especially on the west coast)?

...how about a transgender leprechaun..or a black leprechaun...or a leprechaun with mammory glands?

...or at least put the lad out there in a tie dye rainbow shirt to deflect criticism...maybe the Irish need to play up the fact that Leprechauns are Irish fairies....

Yes, yes indeed. The West Coast is very concerned. However we do not want to change the leprechaun, we think he, she, it has the right to be whatever he, she, it, wants to be. I am therefore declaring Oregon, Washington, and California, sanctuary states where leprechauns came come and live without fear of 'Involuntary Servitude.' Not the kind worth fighting a war over because we are all 'peaceniks' (hows that for the sixties forgotten term and have all voluntarily given up our slingshots. (Idaho was excluded...they are still working on allowing individuals that ...well I best stop there.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 am

Donovan...I think that those states are already sanctuary states for leprechauns...indeed, all fairies, since to single out Irish fairies only would be unlike the left coast.

We, in the south do have fairy tales, though. After all, we be Scots-Irish.

Instead of beginning with "once apon a time" like they do up Nawth and on the left coast....they begin with "Y'all won't believe this s... but".

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:21 am

And...this wave of liberal parity has its upside...the Supremes are now hearing a case where women demand that there be no prohibitions against going topless..... since men may do so...

Finally, a liberal idea that is not looney tunes....

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:46 pm

billybud wrote:And...since my mind seems to be reeling from too much football...

I think even in today's time, a leprechaun has to be pasty white with red hair.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:52 pm

billybud wrote:And...this wave of liberal parity has its upside...the Supremes are now hearing a case where women demand that there be no prohibitions against going topless..... since men may do so...

Finally, a liberal idea that is not looney tunes....

Nah, we all know the ones who will go topless will be the ones no one wants to go topless.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Or ...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 211080001/

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:24 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

Or ...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 211080001/

I can only hope he cusses like Samuel Jackson. That would be hilarious!!! :lol: :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Yep...finally

but the article is kinda right. in that It is a stretch to have a black leprechaun. I know all about the "Black Irish"....but leprechauns didn't seem to be inclusive.

Next thing you know...Georgia's bulldog will have to be portrayed by a poodle to be more inclusive.

But it does make a lot of sense for our times...when the Homecoming Queen can be a guy, a Boy Scout can be a girl...and Bruce Jenner's dog is a cat.

Return to “General Discussion”