2019 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2019 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:46 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Link for the Week Five Picks is up and ready, here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12171

Back to the Tie Train, with Highfly, Donovan & Spence all having 16 of 20 accurate picks.
[though I suspect Donovan just copy & pasted Spence's picks] :lol:

Highfly overtook Mountainman for the lead in the overall scores, by 1.

A complete 180 from last week, as we all improved our scores. And we are all at or above 60% on the season so far.

Week Four Participant Scores:

Highfly = 16
Mountainman = 15
Donovan = 16
Spence = 16
Dossenator = 14
Cane = 13

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 2019 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:47 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can survey the game winners and their margins of victory, here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12170

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:48 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view the current Leader Board in Pick Totals & Score Percentages, here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12091

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:26 am

I WAS ROBBED!!!!!!! WHO IN THE HELL RUNS A DOUBLE-REVERSE PITCH-BACK PASS ON THE FREAKIN’ GOAL LINE TO WIN THE GAME??????

EAT IT PITT!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:02 pm

---

In all honesty; I thought I was being sneaky by taking Pitt, because I just had this feeling they'd win the game ...

Then as I was scoring the week, I realized that 2 3rds of us picked the Panthers to win.

Guess I wasn't the only one sensing UCF was due.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

You’ve done well picking the games for us to ponder, several can go either way with only a mistake or miscue by the favorites........ games like Notre Dame/Virginia, K-State/Oklahoma State, Penn State/Maryland, Minnesota/Purdue, NC State/Florida State, and who the hell knows what will happen ‘out west’?????? :D :shock: :roll: 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:00 pm

Mountainman wrote:You’ve done well picking the games for us to ponder, several can go either way with only a mistake or miscue by the favorites........ games like Notre Dame/Virginia, K-State/Oklahoma State, Penn State/Maryland, Minnesota/Purdue, NC State/Florida State, and who the hell knows what will happen ‘out west’?????? :D :shock: :roll: 8)

I take a look at what is coming up; and try to find games that make me say to myself, "pfft ... Aw hell, I don't know?" ... then it makes the list.

I target rivalry games.

Penn State @ Maryland --- along with Arizona St @ Cal --- and Duke @ Va Tech I would have liked to have been able to fit. But they are all Friday Night games this week. Also Tonight's game with Navy @ Memphis would have made the cut.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”