Will a miracle happen and UL makes a bowl??

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Will a miracle happen and UL makes a bowl??

Postby Swamp Daddy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:01 pm

My first post in a couple of years. Lots going on here (thankfully, not health issues) has kept me inactive. And quite frankly, not must positive to talk about anyway. Hiring of coach Scott Satterfield a plus as he has put some life back into the team. Not much to say about the previous coach Petrino except that he sure gave up in the last couple of years. We were 2-10 last year and many thought this year would be the same. Now at 4-2 the more excitable fans are talking bowling. Amazing change in attitude. Games at this point remind me a bit of the shootout games under John L. Smith's days as coach. Not a lot of defense on the field. Football and Basketball took a big dive but hopefully things are looking up now.

Clemson this weekend, even at home, will be no fun. But after that I think we can easily score on the rest of our opponents. :wink: The Question is, can we score more than they do :?: ? The sort of games like we had against BC and Wake forest sure keep a person on the edge of the seat. Even a 20 point lead isn't too safe apparently.

Have fun all, Swamp Daddy :)
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Will a miracle happen and UL makes a bowl??

Postby billybud » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Playing Clemson is a challenge....good luck!
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Glad to see you back!! The Cards could beat Ga, that's been proven. :( :(
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Swamp Daddy wrote:My first post in a couple of years. Lots going on here (thankfully, not health issues) has kept me inactive. :)

Glad to see you back; and even more happy to see you are in good health.

Swamp Daddy wrote:And quite frankly, not must positive to talk about anyway. Hiring of coach Scott Satterfield a plus as he has put some life back into the team. Not much to say about the previous coach Petrino except that he sure gave up in the last couple of years

Yeah, I got that impression, too.

Petrino, in his last year, reminded me of George O'Leary in his last season with UCF. Take the team to the Promise Land of the BCS and beat the heavily favored Baylor Bears in the Fiesta Bowl, only to go 0-8 to start the next year, and retire midway through the season.

O'Leary simply looked spent. Petrino looked very similar. He didn't have the fire anymore, and he had the facial expressions of a guy that was lost; just not knowing what to do or change, during game time on the sidelines.

Swamp Daddy wrote:We were 2-10 last year and many thought this year would be the same. Now at 4-2 the more excitable fans are talking bowling. Amazing change in attitude. Games at this point remind me a bit of the shootout games under John L. Smith's days as coach. Not a lot of defense on the field. Football and Basketball took a big dive but hopefully things are looking up now.

Hopefully things are looking up for the Cardinals, now.

The win vs Wake was big for the season. And it sets Louisville up nicely for a post season run.

Opening the year, the game against Notre Dame was promising. Though, the Cards didn't win in the end, and the Irish were able to pull away late. Louisville really gave the Domers a tussle in the first half. Which shown sparks of competitiveness I hadn't seen from them in quite a while.

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Swamp Daddy wrote:Clemson this weekend, even at home, will be no fun. But after that I think we can easily score on the rest of our opponents. :wink: The Question is, can we score more than they do :?: ? The sort of games like we had against BC and Wake forest sure keep a person on the edge of the seat. Even a 20 point lead isn't too safe apparently.

Have fun all, Swamp Daddy
:)

billybud wrote:Playing Clemson is a challenge....good luck!

Playing against Clemson is like Bull Riding without the use of a bull rope ...

I too wish you luck.

But I think Miami's win over Virginia, and now with South Carolina's win against Georgia, Clemson got a real wake up call. So, that's going to be one tough ride.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Derek wrote:Glad to see you back!! The Cards could beat Ga, that's been proven. :( :(

I was truly disappointed to see this game go the way it did for you. Let's just hope that after the Gamecocks loss, Kirby realizes he can't just sit and play conservative all 4 quarters, because he believes he's got the better team.

South Carolina has really been pushing that game as a True rivalry, even if the UGA faithful don't see it quite the same way.

Other than Clemson; the Gamecock don't have anybody to call enemy. So they indulge themselves in an annual frenzy to get riled up to play Georgia, since it's the closest In Conference team, location wise. For Georgia fans, it's a passive rivalry. One they only acknowledge for the festival that makes for a fun night before the game ...

My guess, is there will be a reckoning next season when they play. And the rivalry will take on a whole new life thereafter.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Well I’ll be darned, another Prodigal Son returns..... :wink:

Clemson is a load to deal with, but Dabo has been a little cranky with the press lately. Who knows what may be going on behind closed doors????? :D
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Since joining the ACC we've developed a real feeling around here for catching a Tiger by the Tail. I've written that one off but I feel we can probably score on anyone left on the schedule after that. Our offense looks pretty good; the O-line is tough unlike many previous years. However, the defense is, so far, like a piece of Lorraine Swiss. Hopefully we will see some improvements there. I think Puma Pass is probably going to transfer after his toe heels (he underwent elective surgery after it wouldn't heal. He can transfer and play right away anywhere.

His backups, Cunningham and Conley, are both doing a good job. Though not to compare them with Lamar Jackson, they can both scramble pretty good and are fast.

Perhaps after the Tiger let's us go things will improve. :roll:

have fun, Swamp Daddy. I'll try to get by more often. :lol:

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Well, Clemson 45, UL 10 which is both about what we all expected and less than some thought would happen. No quit in the team; but, still some silly mistakes that cost us. Nice TD drive against the Tiger. Well, until the 4th quarter it was a competition. But, the defense wore out as has happened a bit in other games. Still, Satterfield was pleased they did not quit; and, I am sure he will find ways to teach them from this game.

Virginia next week. :wink:

Have fun, Swamp Daddy :evil:

Return to “General Discussion”