Thought I had better get this in

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Thought I had better get this in

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm

2925 days since TTUM beat Ohio State. - just in case we have to reset the counter tomorrow.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Thought I had better get this in

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 pm

The weather may be a game changer ...

Though; there is a high probability that you'll be able to tack on an additional 365 more to the rolling count.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Two words why no reset will be necessary.... Chase Young. :wink:

........he’s just so disruptive and changes everything.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 pm

I hope so. An aggressive Dline can be hurt by the read option. I don’t think Patterson will date take a seven step drop.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:_______________________________________________

Though; there is a high probability that you'll be able to tack on an additional 365 more to the rolling count.

I agree. Right now they are saying it will be dry until around 3. I really hope that is the case.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:50 am

Spence wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:_______________________________________________

I agree. Right now they are saying it will be dry until around 3. I really hope that is the case.

.......be mindful of the wind, those gusts of 17 mph they’re calling for can play havoc with the long passing game, punts and long field goals. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:08 am

I don't believe Ohio State will falter in this one. If I were in your shoes though I would be a little hesitant. Michigan has been playing awfully well the last few weeks. 2 really great matchups in the Big 10 today. Its going to be a fun and cold rivalry day in many places.

Speaking of long streaks did anyone realize it had been since 03 when Virginia last beat Va Tech. They've had many close competitive games in my mind I would've never guessed it had been that long.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:50 am

highfly24 wrote:Speaking of long streaks did anyone realize it had been since 03 when Virginia last beat Va Tech. They've had many close competitive games in my mind I would've never guessed it had been that long.

Nice pickup ...

Of all the games on yesterday, I had missed that one, and the Texas/Texas Tech.

Yeah, it had been 15 straight victories for the Hokies over the Cavaliers. The Wahoos broke the streak, and against all odds. Va Tech had been playing so well over the last several weeks. Virginia was all over the place. They had the same records going in ... Virginia was able to get it done. That sack strip in the end zone for a defensive Touchdown had to be one of the most exciting plays of the day.

I was also captivated by the Arkansas State / South Alabama game. It was one of the last few near the evenings end. When So Alabama got up, 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter, it looked bad for the Red Wolves. Ark St was able to score back on the, only to trade touchdowns, being down 27-17 to start off the 4th.

Then the Red Wolves went on a tear, scoring a Touchdown, a field goal & another field goal to take the lead with just under 4 minutes to go. Other than the drive that started in the 3rd quarter, and ended on the first play of the 4th, Arkansas St had completely shut South Alabama down.

The last drive for the Jaguars put them back in rhythm. If they kick a field goal, they'll force overtime. If they put it in the end zone, they pretty much seal it. They return the kick to the 39 yard line. So from the start, they were in business. However, they had an incomplete pass, a 2 yard run, followed by another incomplete pass. 4th & 8, 11 yard pass, complete for the first down.

Quarterback gets pressured, has to run for no gain, keeps the clock running. Incomplete pass, stops the clock. Then, big pass for 17 yards, puts the Jags close to field goal range with plenty of time to get a bit closer. Adding a 5 yard run, they get to Arkansas State's 26, with just over a minute and half in the game.

They go over the top, hit a 26 yard pass, and are in the end zone for a Touchdown, with 1:18 left.

Ark St had one more shot at it; they get a great return to setup the drive, all the way to the South Alabama 43. Personal Foul penalty, puts them back at their own 40. First down, Defensive penetration gets in the backfield, ball stripped, fumble recovered by the defense.

Game.

South Alabama wins; 34-30

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”