TCU -v- West Virginia

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

TCU -v- West Virginia

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Wasn't sure how this one would end ...

So many times we've seen these sorts of games get drug into OT. West Virginia, being up by 3, electing not to kick the field goal on 4th & 8, take a shot at the end zone with just 50 seconds left in the game.

The receiver was on the outside, tried to reposition himself, but couldn't get around the Conerback to catch the ball.

TCU starts off getting chunk yardage. They need the field goal to keep the game going; or, if they score a Touchdown, they win.

The Mountaineers haven't been great in these situations, especially this season. TCU makes it to mid field with 27 seconds to go. Then the West Virginia defense plays some of the best man on I've seen. The D-backs force bad throwing angles, and on 4th down, didn't give the Horned Frogs QB a look, which gave the defensive line an opportunity to get major pressure. The QB throws the ball as he's being tackled, ball hits the grass ... West Va wins!

Nice way to finish a disappointing year.

A road win, the day after Thanksgiving.

For TCU; they were 5-6 going into this game. The loss, in a Home stand finale', ends their season.

These teams played tough today. And, for this being the last game for both, gave us a show to close out the season.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: TCU -v- West Virginia

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm

“Before you can learn how to win, you got to learn how not to lose.” ~ Lou Holtz

Hopefully, a lesson the Mountaineers learn from this season. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:49 am

I was really hoping the EER's would go bowling this year. My niece was looking for one last blast with the band.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:14 am

Spence wrote:I was really hoping the EER's would go bowling this year. My niece was looking for one last blast with the band.

There is no group that has more fun at a Mountaineer Game or event than that bunch.... their talent and precision is awe inspiring. Little wonder they are known as ‘The Pride of West Virginia’. :D
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”