Army / Navy Game

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Army / Navy Game

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:44 pm

After a 3 & out start for Navy; Army scores first with an 18 play opening drive that took 11 minutes.

The Black Knights have the Momentum ... Highfly, if you made it to the game, I sure hope you're having a blast.

Here's a thought ... Air Force beat Army, Navy beat Air Force ... if Army wins this game, who gets the Commander-in-Chief Trophy?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Army / Navy Game

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Navy strikes back, 75 yards in 4 plays ... Massive 55 yard Touchdown run by Malcolm Perry. He now has 2,600+ rushing yards :shock:

That Momentum Pendulum just took a huge swing.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Here's a thought ... Air Force beat Army, Navy beat Air Force ... if Army wins this game, who gets the Commander-in-Chief Trophy?

Okay; so, they just commented on what occurs, should there be a Triangle Win situation. If all 3 Academies have a win in the series, one over the next, the Trophy remains with the current holder from the previous year.

Cane... [__]

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:Highfly, if you made it to the game, I sure hope you're having a blast.

I was at the game and it was an enjoyable weekend. The game was not as close as I had hoped but it is always a fun get together. Malcolm Perry for Navy was an absolute monster. I didn't realize he had over 300 yards rushing but he was almost untouchable in the open field. Not a good season for Army while Navy put themselves into the top 25. This is the first one in several years that wasn't decided in the 4th.

Was happy to be able to get home last night. Winter storm in the St Louis area led to several flights being delayed or cancelled Sunday night and Monday but cleared up enough by late Monday afternoon. Roads were not great but much better in IL than MO.

Cane from the Bend wrote:Okay; so, they just commented on what occurs, should there be a Triangle Win situation. If all 3 Academies have a win in the series, one over the next, the Trophy remains with the current holder from the previous year.

Correct. If Army had managed to pull off the upset they would have retained possession of the CIC trophy. Just going to have to win both and take it back next year.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:25 pm

And I'll be hovering around here rooting for your B. Knights, and hoping to see an improved Army next season.

Actually, I'm hoping I'll have more availability next year, than I had this one. I prefer to be more active on the board. Just the timing of everything going on this Autumn was hectic for me ... but I was checking in as often as possible. :wink:

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”