Just Checking In.......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Just Checking In.......

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:30 pm

I can not remember Donovan using one....I reckon, he, like me, was too ornery.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:53 am

Spence wrote:My guess is if they have to go fanless several sports at the schools will be cut, because football and basketball funds all other sports at schools.

This is already beginning to happen. The MAC has started to make several changes to their postseason tournaments and Akron cut a few sports from their athletics dept. The world of college sports is rapidly changing. Not sure when we actually get to see sports with even limited fan seating but we wait and watch the impacts from afar til then.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri May 15, 2020 11:38 am

highfly24 wrote:
Spence wrote:My guess is if they have to go fanless several sports at the schools will be cut, because football and basketball funds all other sports at schools.

This is already beginning to happen. The MAC has started to make several changes to their postseason tournaments and Akron cut a few sports from their athletics dept. The world of college sports is rapidly changing. Not sure when we actually get to see sports with even limited fan seating but we wait and watch the impacts from afar til then.

.......and considering the NCAA has taken the position that the students must be ‘on campus’ to start the season while the State of California has decided that all campuses will be closed for the coming Fall Semester, which impacts the PAC-12 and the Mountain West conferences, you’re right about “we wait and watch”. :? :? :?
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri May 15, 2020 12:16 pm

With CFB not really being governed by one body like the NFL, there could be different rules for all conferences.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Spence wrote:With CFB not really being governed by one body like the NFL, there could be different rules for all conferences.

Yep, and taken a step further, teams within a conference could take a position of either/or. Say like Maryland or Rutgers took a position to not play football this coming season due to both those school being in high risk areas. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:With CFB not really being governed by one body like the NFL, there could be different rules for all conferences.

Yep, and taken a step further, teams within a conference could take a position of either/or. Say like Maryland or Rutgers took a position to not play football this coming season due to both those school being in high risk areas. 8)

That is possible, but I would think the B1G as a whole would make a decision on member schools. Being they are in the heart of this thing, though, I could understand why they would at least think about it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri May 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Return to “General Discussion”