Just Checking In.......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Just Checking In.......

Postby Mountainman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:33 am

.....hopefully, all is well.

I read where there are ideas are being considered to possibly shorten this coming football season to a 10 game regular season schedule. :|
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Just Checking In.......

Postby billybud » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:22 am

2020....the seasons of asterisks.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 am

billybud wrote:2020....the seasons of asterisks.

Photos of the virus and an asterisk do look similar....... :?
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 am

This is going to be devastatiing to the economy.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Fedex...UPS must be doing well...

Got my cases of wine deliverd...also Linz steaks, Mcakenzie salmon...had my favorite cuban restaurant jar up 10 assorted quarts of gandulas, wedding, and black bean soups...fresh veggies, other than onions, potatoes, and carrots, are all I need to procure.

We are eating well...pastas, steaks, seafood, pizza...made corn beef and cabbage two days ago and it lasted two meals....snadwiches or soup for lunch....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 am

billybud wrote:Fedex...UPS must be doing well...

Got my cases of wine deliverd...also Linz steaks, Mcakenzie salmon...had my favorite cuban restaurant jar up 10 assorted quarts of gandulas, wedding, and black bean soups...fresh veggies, other than onions, potatoes, and carrots, are all I need to procure.

We are eating well...pastas, steaks, seafood, pizza...made corn beef and cabbage two days ago and it lasted two meals....snadwiches or soup for lunch....

Yes, it is the independents that are getting killed right now. This problem is the independents are the people that keep prices down. When they aren't there, the big box companies can charge what they want to charge.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:06 am

eBay & Amazon are doing healthy business ...

They've certainly made their share of drop offs at my home.

My wife & I keep looking at each other like, 8) did you order something.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 am

This iso has brought me into the 21st century...and I have discovered the joys and dangers of online ordering.

Boredom, with shopping only constrained by your self control....hee hee. Oh what a deliciously dangerous combo.

Have ordered wine, steaks, salmon, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and am exploring home meal delivery (Blue Apron, Home Fresh, etc). While I was browsing...also bought new dinnerware, pots & pans, induction cook plate, Kindle books...etc.

Hey...I've discovered that cars can be delivered to your door...The Mrs. stepped in and threatened to hide my laptop.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:36 pm

billybud wrote:This iso has brought me into the 21st century...and I have discovered the joys and dangers of online ordering.

Boredom, with shopping only constrained by your self control....hee hee. Oh what a deliciously dangerous combo.

Have ordered wine, steaks, salmon, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and am exploring home meal delivery (Blue Apron, Home Fresh, etc). While I was browsing...also bought new dinnerware, pots & pans, induction cook plate, Kindle books...etc.

Hey...I've discovered that cars can be delivered to your door...The Mrs. stepped in and threatened to hide my laptop.

I've bought my last two cars and had them delivered to my house. I start be contacting them online, then I start negotiating online. Then finish on the phone with the dealer. It works pretty well. I bought my daughter a car online when she turned 16. It was used, though, from a dealer. I actually paid for it with a credit card, they brought it to my door. Did you ever think you could or would use a credit card to buy a car? Even a used car. I pay my card off every 2 weeks so the interest rate wasn't a big deal and the car was under 10K

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 am

Well, another week has rolled by and the Coronavirus is still reeking havoc....... looking more and more as, if there even is a season this Fall, I’ll be watching the Mountaineers play on TV. My judgement at this point is with no vaccine it’s not a good idea to be a part of the crowds......

Hope all is well with everyone. 8)

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Far from the maddening crowd...

24 days of isolation....

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:35 am

I've seen something about a proposal of a 10 game season for College Football.

I hope we get back on track before then. 'd much rather enjoy a full 12 games.

I'd setle for 10 if that is what we're left with. But a shorter season would be tough.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 pm

28 days...

My old grill's burners gave up the ghost...we cook outside a lot and eat at the table on the covered porch to get outside...I decided to upgrade rather than order replacement burners.

Amazon is supposed to deliver it Saturday...a project to go from a 185 pound package of pieces and parts to a grill...the Weber Genesis II S 335...

Now, if I can get some fesh veggies to grill..have meat, salmon, etc...I'll be in business.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Cooking up some Salmon tonight, along with Scallops & Oysters.

Down to Bell Peppers, Green Onions, Broccoli and what's left of our Leafy Greens.

We've got a ridiculous amount of meat in the freezer, but thinning on the vegetables.

I may have to go back out to collect more in a day or two.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Cane...

1..frozen diver scallops are so great thawed and seared on cast iron...I thaw them in a large zip lock of brined water...pat them dry, and sear for a crust on both sides...sometimes make a sauce...use this recipe often...

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food ... -pan-sauce

2...We sometimes make a dill sauce for the salmon, but more often just eat it grilled and crusted with a rub and butter and lemon finished.

3...we are down to your basics...bell peppers, onions, some broccoli...a few carrots, lemons...

Return to “General Discussion”