Time To Get That Feel!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Who Will The Video Be Dedicated To Post Season?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:05 am

Arkansas
No votes
Boston College
13%
Baylor
No votes
BYU
13%
California
No votes
Florida State
No votes
Maryland
13%
Miami [FL]
No votes
Michigan State
No votes
Missouri
No votes
Nebraska
No votes
South Carolina
No votes
Tennessee
13%
USC
50%
West Virginia
No votes

Total votes: 8

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Time To Get That Feel!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun May 17, 2020 3:05 am

A bit early, I know ...

But heck! We're getting there, as camps are readying themselves, and schedules are looking like they're gonna happen.

Let's have a little fun to jump into the spirit; we could all use it.

To The Team Who Will Under-Perform the Worst in 2020:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w

I suggest watching in Full Screen.

Vote for which team you believe should be deemed, greatest disappointment by season's end.

You may choose up to 3 potential failures from the 15 listed.
[15 is the max allowed by the poll settings, other wise I'd have posted all 130]

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Time To Get That Feel!

Postby Mountainman » Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 am

Geeeez, with all the Coronavirus and NIL stuff dominating the news at this point I don’t have a clue.

As far as WVU is concerned they’ll have to show me they can block else with Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Iowa State and Baylor on the schedule it’ll be another ho-hum season. :? :?
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am

Mountainman wrote:Geeeez, with all the Coronavirus and NIL stuff dominating the news at this point I don’t have a clue.

I agree I really don't know what to expect from teams but I went ahead and voted Tenn and USC. Tenn has a lot of high end recruits and I think expectations will be loftier than they will perform. USC, if they get to play, I'm just not sure what to expect from them. I don't see them being top 20 but they will be discussed early in the season as the only threat to Utah in the division, esp if they stay close to Bama in the opener. If nothing changes, the road schedule is too much for a 9 win season.

Very early and not a strong support for my picks but if I'm gonna vote might as well provide some kind of input for it.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed May 20, 2020 12:08 am

Just to give a heads up ...

Not only can you choose up to 3 teams on the list; This poll runs until two weeks before the season, and I made it to where you can change your picks if you feel like something changes between now & then.

As for me, I also took USC, while including Boston College and Maryland.

I think with the Pac-12 being so up in the air, the media will continue to prop So Cal as they always do, giving the fan base an unrealistic expectation.

Boston College had seen some improvement. But I'm not sold that it's sustainable. So I think their hopes might be more than they can currently achieve.

Maryland has been recruiting really well. Too often, though, we've seen great recruiting classes fall flat due to lack of Coordinated Guidance --- Development is key to reaching the next level of program progression --- Lack of development will result in continued disappointing field play; which eventually forces your recruiting into a nosedive.

However; I reserve my option to change those picks as we learn more going forward.

Still need to get the Feel from some of those schools fans, before I settle my choices.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed May 20, 2020 9:29 am

I think it will be USC. They still don't have a pieces in place. I think Tennessee is close to a new coming out party.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 am

This will be the first year in the last 3 that Ga does not win the East. :cry: :cry: :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 25, 2020 6:32 am

Derek wrote:This will be the first year in the last 3 that Ga does not win the East. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Are you, then, predicting the reptiles to win the east ..?

Cane... [__]

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon May 25, 2020 8:59 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Derek wrote:This will be the first year in the last 3 that Ga does not win the East. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Are you, then, predicting the reptiles to win the east ..?

Yes. :cry: :oops:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”