Big 10 Cancels Non Conference Games

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Big 10 Cancels Non Conference Games

Postby Spence » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Guaranteed the behavior hasn't changed that much. I would like to say that todays group was more self righteous, but I remember being completely full of crap and self righteous myself so I guess they get a pass there.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:28 am

Well, through all this we’re getting a view and a reminder of how the governance of college athletics is truly structured and actually functions and operates. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Yeah, exactly who they are at their core.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:28 am

There’s a lot of Cooks in this kitchen........ Administrators, Lawyers, Politicians, Doctors, Parents, Players and even Butchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers. :? :? :?

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/15/p ... nt-answers
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:02 am

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:52 pm

I doubt the B10 will change it's mind.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:30 am

Since no one knows for certain, to me it’s simply a judgement call being made by tallying the votes of the members of a governing body given the authority to decide based on how they see the circumstances surrounding the issue.

Don’t worry, there’ll be an abundance of Talking Heads, Reporters, Sportswriters, Doctors, Lawyers, Indian Chiefs, Butchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers opining on what they don’t know too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear there’s a new saliva test for the COVID Virus that’s available and has been approved by the FDA. This test greatly reduces the cost of current testing and is said by some to be a ‘potential game changer’ for this coming season....... We’ll see. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:38 pm

There is a lot of controversy about how this was all handled in the B1G. It seems the 12-2 vote was more like 6-8. It appears that the B1G is in disarray at the top. The new commissioner has been quiet about this since it started. While I was not the biggest Delaney fan, the new guy doesn't seem to be as firm or transparent as the previous regime. What is even more perplexing is that his son plays in the SEC and he is letting him play. It seems to me if you are willing to let your son play, then you should be willing to let the league you run play.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm

You know, it really ought to be a simply task to determine whether or not a vote was taken. :shock:

.........and to think, there are politicians and others in this country who are advocating ‘mail in ballots’ for the upcoming Presidential Election and here we have 14 of, I would think, people who’s walls are covered from floor to ceiling with every kind of collegiate degree and certification known to man who don’t know if a vote was taken, what they voted for or whether they voted or not!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s either that or all this pushback from fans, players, parents and coaches has got them running for cover...... :wink:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ll-season/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Yeah, mail in ballots is a sure fire way for a party to cheat. They will say " my dog identifies as a women" and you can't question that, so my dog can vote.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:50 am

My dog identified as a human...and knew he was a member of the family,

He did not vote in elections but could smell a scoundrel.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:14 am

Appears to me that interference by Russia and China in our elections have become a lessor concern than some of the politicians in our own country. :? :? :?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Just read where Iowa announced it has eliminated 4 sports affecting swimming, gymnastics and tennis at the end of the 20-21 seasons........ I figure we’re going to be seeing more of the same around college athletics.

I started to post the article, but to me, Pat Forde made such an A-S-S out of himself with the blame game, finger pointing, cheap shots, etc, etc, etc I decided not to. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Nebraska players file suit against BigTen........

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ed-season/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:26 pm

billybud wrote:My dog identified as a human...and knew he was a member of the family,

He did not vote in elections but could smell a scoundrel.

He could vote in Ohio if he could stand the smell of the candidates.

Return to “General Discussion”