Of All The Ridiculous Contrived Moronic Things

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Of All The Ridiculous Contrived Moronic Things

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Two reasons, no, excuses ...

Ratings, and Ranking inflation.

Miami & Louisville, previously unranked teams, are going to face each other tomorrow as the #17 & #18 ranked opponents.

Clearly, abc wants to inflate the interest in their prime time game. But, to save face, in boosting other teams down the road [Clemson/Notre Dame], they will use these rankings to justify pushing those others with regards to schedule strength in weeks to come.

Clemson doesn't play Louisville, but has Miami on their schedule.
Notre Dame doesn't play Miami, but has Louisville on the schedule.

There is what your conference only schedules bring; the same thing you get from preseason polls, pseudo-rankings.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Of All The Ridiculous Contrived Moronic Things

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Covid-19 is not the only Pandemic we have to put-up and deal with...... there’s a Pandemic of Ridiculous Contrived Moronic Things to put-up with too!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

.......and a little ranting now and then seems to help. :wink:
Last edited by Mountainman on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 pm

So what else is new in the world of sports; it's always made up stuff or made for TV. Still, this may be the only game (Miami-UL) I get to see live as being long retired and fairly poor I have no cable or other TV service other than over the air broadcasts. So I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow night. I usually listen to game on the radio and usually watch them a day or so later via internet streaming.

Swamp Daddy (your most erratic and missing member) :lol:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Swamp Daddy wrote:So what else is new in the world of sports; it's always made up stuff or made for TV. Still, this may be the only game (Miami-UL) I get to see live as being long retired and fairly poor I have no cable or other TV service other than over the air broadcasts. So I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow night. I usually listen to game on the radio and usually watch them a day or so later via internet streaming.

Missed, I say ...

Surely nice to see you pop back in :)

As for watching games live; I'll pm you about that.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Swamp Daddy wrote:So what else is new in the world of sports; it's always made up stuff or made for TV. Still, this may be the only game (Miami-UL) I get to see live as being long retired and fairly poor I have no cable or other TV service other than over the air broadcasts. So I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow night. I usually listen to game on the radio and usually watch them a day or so later via internet streaming.

Good to hear from you!! 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Well, props to the U for being much better than most thought and some slime to those 3 no-coverage wide open touchdowns UL allowed. Still better than last year. The offense did not quit but made some mistakes. The UL defense was on Mars part of the time though the center of the line did well. As the losers always say, "wait til next year". LOL.

Probably the only game I'll see live this year. Still having fun as the season is actually under way, Swamp Daddy :cry:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Return to “General Discussion”