2020 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

2020 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:29 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Link for the Week Five Picks is up and ready, here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12680

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The continuing trend of games being Postponed had 3 of those selected for this past week default; Thus the maximum Point Total was 17 in Week Four.

Mountainman {if the `Eeers can't do it, I sure can....} and Spence tied for first on the week, as both tallied a score of 15.

Week Four Participant Scores:

Mountainman = 15
Spence = 15
Billybud = 13
Cane = 11
Derek = 10

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 2020 Predictions Week Five --- Week Four Winner(s)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:30 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can survey the game winners and their margins of victory, for Week Four, here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12679

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scores Up to Date:
(out of a possible 60)

Mountainman: 47 = 78.33%
Spence: 44 = 73.33%
Billybud: 43 = 71.66%
Cane: 43 = 71.66%
Derek: 22 = 66.66% {of 33}

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Been more early upsets than I counted on...LSU..Oklahoma...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:48 pm

billybud wrote:Been more early upsets than I counted on...LSU..Oklahoma...

I almost took Kansas State. And nearly put the Texas/Texas Tech game on the list.

I considered LSU's roster losses, but, Missi St was just bad last year. What I realized, is they needed an Offensive injection that could give `em a boost.

Their Defense was pretty good, however, like Miami's, stayed on the field too long last season. So, in the end, they wore down and lost 6.

I simply assumed the worst of them, and told myself ... No way LSU flames out so quickly. They have had consistent recruiting above 5 for a while --- first team to Win a National Championship, and Lose their Season Opener since Michigan, 1998 --- DBU gave up 623 in the air. One dimensional teams are not supposed to win like that. But Mississippi State had only 9 rushing yards.

However, LSU's number one D back opted out of the season, just days before the game .?.?.? Yep, I decided to give Leach a chance.

And, though the seating is limited ... But this game was in Baton Rouge, with a 25% capacity, which is 25,580 in Tiger Stadium.

Oklahoma ... What a freakin' Collapse.

Leading by 21 in the second half, then losing by 3, while having 120 yards more, and your opponent has a bunch of penalties. K State's QB had a strained calf muscle, but was still able to earn rushing TD's by winning at the point of contact on the goal line. Also, like LSU, Oklahoma was playing at home, in Norman.

Then I made a dumb decision by changing my Syracuse pick to Ga Tech, and my Pitt pick to Louisville.

Thems the breaks ...

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”