Arkansas Beats Miss State (21-14)

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Arkansas Beats Miss State (21-14)

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:25 am

Barry Odom was a great hire as defensive coordinator by Sam Pitman. Odom has these boys playing solid defense. They swarm to the ball, wrap up, and allow little to no extra yards after contact.

Ark defense held Miss State to 14 points and allowed 300+ fewer passing yards than LSU gave up last week.

Wooo Pig Sooieee!

Sam Pitman post game in locker room:
https://www.facebook.com/101306386242/posts/10157944214356243/?vh=e&extid=0
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Arkansas Beats Miss State (21-14)

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:35 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

It sure must be sweet watching them Hogs beat Miss State ...

Especially after seeing LSU open with an "L" against `em.

Maybe you can get the Golden Boot this year.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:47 am

That would be sweet.

Ark plays Auburn next week. Would love to rub it in since Chad Morris is now their offensive coordinator. Man he was a horrifically bad head coach.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Really hard to figure some games....Auburn looked "meh" against the Dawgs....and I sure had LSU beating Mississippi State...yet Arkansas beat 'em....Who will beat Bama?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:04 am

No one.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:01 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------

That may very well be the case ...

As much as I hate it; Florida is looking really good right now, too.

George and Florida look like polar opposites to me.

Florida's defense isn't their strong side. They've been giving up a bunch of yards, and some points --- However, their offensive productivity is vastly improved from a year ago. And their competition is getting put into tough choices. Because one stop by the lizards, you'll be two scores behind when you get the ball back.

Georgia, on-the-other-hand, is dominating their opponents up front on that D-Line. The Bulldogs offense is pretty good, but nothing stellar. They just get put into great field possession by that huge D-Front, and they take advantage of it when they can. They aren't putting up exciting numbers. But they wear a team down, and break their confidence.

I really expected Auburn & UGa to give us a good game. But let's face it; the Tigers never stood a chance.

Georgia's D-Line ran right through War Eagle's front six, sometimes as if they weren't even standing there.

I don't know if they got into Malzahn's head, learned the snap count [every down], or is it was just a case of athleticism up front. Whatever it was, at times, it was like Dawgs D-line setup in starter blocks, and the QB snap was a starter pistol, where those big Bullies bum rushed Nix as if he were the finish line tape in a hundred meter dash.

Either that's indicative of how weak Auburn is on the O-Line. In which case, they are in for a rough year. Or, Georgia is really just that good on the D-Line. Which means the rest of the SEC is on notice.

I'd like to think we'll know more after this week. I'm simply am not sold on Tennessee as a contender. They may be better that what they were. But seriously, how much worse could they have gotten. I expect Georgia to win. So I can't say I'll learn anything from tomorrow's match up.

Next week is Georgia/Alabama ... three weeks after that, it'll be Georgia/florida {after Kentucky and a bye for the Dawgs}.

The next four weeks will tell us everything we need to know about UGa. Unless they have another lapse and lose to someone they shouldn't, post Cocktail Party.

They do play Missi State, November 11th. Could be interesting to see how well the Air Raid holds up against that massive D-Front. I suspect it will be a Bad Day for Leach and company.

As for Arkansas ... I'll post it here, as well.

I would blitz Auburn all day.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”