Uh....... Upon Further Review?????

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Uh....... Upon Further Review?????

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:50 am

Maybe it’s about time to start reviewing the reviewers........ you know, like we have to do our elections. :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... minnesota/
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Uh....... Upon Further Review?????

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was flipping my hat when that play happened ...

The commentary guys, kept saying, the extension by the receiver's arm is what drew the flag.

However:

(a.) The extension did not create contact, and did not cause separation

(b.) The flag was thrown in the end zone, 15 yards after what they claimed is what drew the flag

The ref threw that flag without cause. And I was losing my mind. He didn't even reach for it, until both players were in the end zone. Which means, the apologist excuse by the commentary crew, absolutely didn't match the reviewing.

You could even hear it in their voices, that they didn't believe it to be a legitimate penalty, either.

Makes me wonder if there wasn't somebody chirping in their earpiece to say it. Because they sure didn't sound like they agreed with it.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Uh....... Upon Further Review?????

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Big 10 refs are horrible. The reviewer's are no exception. They see things that aren't there, then can't overturn things that are obvious. They are as a group pathetic.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”