Rose Bowl being moved???

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Rose Bowl being moved???

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 am

They said it was "because of the number of cases"...but they also said it was because of restrictions. I'm gonna go ahead and say it was because of the restrictions solely. I sure hope they succeed is recalling Newsom.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30559293/cfp-semifinal-scheduled-rose-bowl-moving-att-stadium-arlington-texas
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rose Bowl being moved???

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 am

Yep, it’s going to Arlington, Texas......... and Newsom would be a GOOD START, there’s a number of *** out there that need to be thrown out. :roll:

........sorry, the 1792 I’ve been sipping is kicking in, from what I seen today, ‘Bama and Clemson are just better and a cut above the rest, and between those two Trevor Lawrence is the difference maker. 8) 8) 8)

Btw.... hey Derek, good to hear from you. Hope all is well...... Merry Christmas!!!!!! :D
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:35 pm

The Rose Bowl is in California. If they play a game somewhere else it isn’t the rose bowl.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Mountainman wrote:Yep, it’s going to Arlington, Texas......... and Newsom would be a GOOD START, there’s a number of *** out there that need to be thrown out. :roll:

........sorry, the 1792 I’ve been sipping is kicking in, from what I seen today, ‘Bama and Clemson are just better and a cut above the rest, and between those two Trevor Lawrence is the difference maker. 8) 8) 8)

Btw.... hey Derek, good to hear from you. Hope all is well...... Merry Christmas!!!!!! :D

Merry Christmas! I need to get started shopping. 8) :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Spence wrote:The Rose Bowl is in California. If they play a game somewhere else it isn’t the rose bowl.

Yesterday, when I first read this and didn’t know they decided to call the game the Rose Bowl even though it’s been moved to Arlington TEXAS, I remember thinking ‘Ole Spence must be sipping the bourbon too.’........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:18 pm

No Bourbon, but I have been working 6 and 8 hours after work building an indoor golf facility for my golf team. Actually for all the teams at the school. The other coaches and I have been putting in lots of hours since just before Thanksgiving and I haven't paid much attention to anything else.
We have 2 full 12'x15' hitting bays with 2 simulators and a 15'x46' putting green with 4 holes. Our high school indoor facility will be better than Ohio State has for golf. The school paid for the equipment and materials if we would put in the work. So they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Spence wrote:No Bourbon, but I have been working 6 and 8 hours after work building an indoor golf facility for my golf team. Actually for all the teams at the school. The other coaches and I have been putting in lots of hours since just before Thanksgiving and I haven't paid much attention to anything else.
We have 2 full 12'x15' hitting bays with 2 simulators and a 15'x46' putting green with 4 holes. Our high school indoor facility will be better than Ohio State has for golf. The school paid for the equipment and materials if we would put in the work. So they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

8) 8) 8)

Sorry, phone rang and then got caught-up watching the Steelers and Bengals......... Good on you guys, been there and done that myself. :wink:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:53 am

The Rose Bowl was once played at Duke.....

Still the Rose Bowl...just not in Pasadena.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”