What In The World .!?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

What In The World .!?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:10 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

What turned out to be an incredible game; 28-26 Mississippi State wins over Tulsa

Is going to be completely overshadowed by the happenings thereafter the game.

What a shame ...

I heard them say it looked to be a guy from Tulsa attacking someone on the Miss St team that started this all off. That isn't quite what I saw. It looked like the Miss State players were taunting them, and itching to fight, and one player reached over the people in the middle, and punched a Tulsa player.

Either way, this shouldn't have occurred.

They were close to a pressure cooker. It was bubbling up in the pregame lineups. And these guys were showing signs of it, throughout the game.

One player [Tulsa] got pinned to the ground under about 4 people [all Missi St] where they were just piling on him kicking and punching. Really ugly.

I've been in a few scrapes on the field, back so many years. But never where the whole of a team gets into it. Usually, it's two or three players involved, and everyone else pulling people back --- I got penalized for not fighting, but being in it, when trying to pull a guy off my teammate. Sucks, but it happens.

As bad as this was; and it was bad ...

I'm glad [if not a little surprised] that this hasn't happened already during the year.

When players have been so isolated, pent up and frustrated all season long, in their exclusion circles, things like this could have been frequent enough to have the season just cancelled.

However, not a good look at all.

Especially the way the Mississippi State players were strutting off the filed, as if to be more proud of the fight, than winning the game.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”