CFP Championship Game

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CFP Championship Game

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Mountainman wrote:Ryan Day says ....... 8)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... ame-monday

Oops, I mentioned in an earlier post that Mike Patrick, a former play by play announcer and ole native West Virginia guy, broke a story about the game may be postponed, it was Dan Patrick who broke the original story about possible postponement......... just another BRAIN FART on my part. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yep, that is what Gene Smith said. We just don't know how many starters are out. The defense can't really afford to lose any, they aren't good enough. I think that if they have enough to play, they should play. If you wait a week you may have twice as many. Besides, these guys have given up their social lives, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and almost everything else just to have a season. Even if they aren't full go, they have to be ready to get it done.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 am

On the positive side, defensive ends Zach Harrison and Tyler Friday, running back Master Teague and left guard Harry Miller returned to active status.

Defensive tackle Tommy Togiai and end Tyreke Smith are both listed as unavailable for tonight. So are kickers Blake Haubeil and Dominic DiMaccio, leaving Jake Siebert as the only kicker available for the team’s first national championship game since the 2014 season.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:32 am

Alabama crushes....The Tide is hard to beat.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:28 am

That was quite a show....... I didn’t see a team this season that I believe could beat Alabama straight-up.

Congrats to Saban on his Seventh Title...... 8) 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Being in Cabo softened the blow. The game went alot like I thought. The secondary got torched. I think Ohio State would have been better against the run had they not been missing half of the starting Dline, but I don't think it would have changed the end so it really didn't matter.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”