Can Anyone Offer an Explanation as to.......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Can Anyone Offer an Explanation as to.......

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:25 pm

I have no idea how the TV ratings and viewers are calculated, some algorithm I suppose...... in an event I looked up the Super Bowl for comparison and to see if there was indeed any possible growth potential, and found it was 4 to 5 times what’s reported to be the CFP Championship Game numbers.

I also saw where a 30 second commercial aired during last year’s Super Bowl would have cost you a cool 5.6 million bucks. darn...... someone would have to sell one hell of a lot of beer or feminine napkins to cover the cost of a couple of 30 second spots!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:09 pm

billybud wrote:It isn't as easy as "free streaming"...someone owns the content and gets paid...no matter the method of transmission to your TV.

Content is still king.

I am a huge streamer...I pay for, other than sports, Prime, Netflix, Acorn, Brit Box, and Curiosity....But I also have DTV, Murphy Cable, and Comcast (I can stream from my Florida Comcast here in North Carolina).

If ESPN owns the property rights, ESPN gets paid....whether you access their broadcast by cable, Hulu, Roku, ESPN+, etc.

Yep, I can stream ESPN on my phone, but access is granted through my cable company. If I didn't have that account, I couldn't stream it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:57 am

billybud wrote:And, yes, there are some free streaming sites like Pluto, Locast, Xumo...but you will not get ESPN's content...

Actually, there are several Free streaming sites, that are in real time, that carry espn, fox sports, cbs sports network, nbc sports and sky net sports.

And espn doesn't get a dime. All you need is an internet connection, with a browser that supports the real-time player.

They are pirate broadcast sites. The younger generations know how to find them, and usually prefer them over the networks.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”