Tenn is in hot water

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Tenn is in hot water

Postby Derek » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:20 pm

Looks like Pruitt may be on the way out. I told my TN friends that he was a bad call, that he is toxic and wouldn't last long.

But there is one thing in this article that made me curious. We always talk bout the NCAA and how dumb they are, but this really made me question the need for them. Is this really a rule violation??

We still continue to see news stories like this one by Robert Holder of WATE that Tennessee football and the women’s basketball program self-reported NCAA violations due to a paintball game on the practice field. However, there is no response from the university as to whether or not that relates to the current investigation.

If there is a good reason for this rule, I'd love to hear it.

https://allfortennessee.com/2021/01/14/tennessee-football-burns-administration-leaves-fans-dark/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Tenn is in hot water

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm

Paintball??????? Hell, I still haven’t figured out how WVU got written up by the NCAA for players wearing spider pads during conditioning sessions...... :roll: :roll:

........and Tennessee is a mess, they’ve got some moneybags guy down in Knoxville who has been calling the shots for years. :| :| :|
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 pm

I met someone from Knoxville when I was gone and He said that the violations are Tennessee's way of getting rid of Pruitt without paying the buyout. They really want him gone and they don't want to pay him to leave.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Spence wrote:I met someone from Knoxville when I was gone and He said that the violations are Tennessee's way of getting rid of Pruitt without paying the buyout. They really want him gone and they don't want to pay him to leave.

Welcome back!!!!! Appears the guy you spoke with knew something was afoot. Looks as if Phil Fulmer has had enough too. :roll:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... iolations/
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:25 am

Yeah, what happened today was almost word for word what he told me was going to happen. He must have known a little what was going on.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:41 am

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 pm

He is right. They should have hired Schiano. Would he have solved their problems and created a team that could beat Alabama? No. But He would have built a solid base that would have given them consistency. Now they just have a giant mess that some poor guys has to try and fix. That guy, if he does really well will build a solid foundation for the next guy after he gets fired for not winning quick enough.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Couldn’t agree more about the Schiano hire. I watched him back in the Big East days build a Rutgers Program from nothing and few resources and little support and was hopeful he’d get the job at Tennessee after his stint at Ohio State.

The behavior at Tennessee during the Schiano hire/fire was nothing short of pathetic, and I’m glad to see that those who orchestrated that godawful fiasco are out of College Football.

Pure Bush League...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:31 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rather spot on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRA9qj0oZp0

And the last snippet is relevant to this thread :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Danny White, Athletic Director at UCF, has reportedly been hired to replace Phil Fulmer as Athletic Director at Tennessee.

.......that didn’t take long. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:36 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah ...

But it sure was long overdue. :lol:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:08 am

I want to know who talked him into taking the job, cause whoever it was could sell ice cubes to Eskimos!!!!!!! :lol:

I mean he’s walking into a hostile fan base, a pissed-off big time booster, players transferring left and right, no football coach, no football coaching staff, a losing program, a missed football recruiting period, pending lawsuits from the former coaching staff and likely Level 1 and Level 2 NCAA Sanctions...... there’s a Rocky Road to travel down at Ole Rocky Top. :shock:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:07 am

I think I’m going to like this guy....... his entire family are into college sports except for one sister. When asked about that he said, “We’re not smart enough to do anything else. We just don’t know any better.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s gonna need that sense of humor and wit....... :wink: :wink:

https://www.si.com/college/2021/01/21/t ... ege-sports

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm

I forgot to mention a thought I’ve had.......I’m wondering if this guy will have the ‘balls’ to hire Hugh Freeze?????? 8) 8) 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 pm

It would be hard to hire Freeze considering why Pruitt it being fired.

Return to “General Discussion”