Les Is No Longer More......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Les Is No Longer More......

Postby Mountainman » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:54 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Les Is No Longer More......

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:13 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kansas is a tough place to win at ...

It's a shell of its former self, when things were going good. Now, they'd be dang near happy with mediocre.

Hard to recruit kids to play there. And the lack of national accomplishment has kept anyone outside of the state from caring.

Les being hired was something to make waves, and bring a little notice. He wasn't there long enough, though, to make a difference.

If I'm the admin, I'm going for Bill Clark.

What he's done with UAB, coming from extinction and back to CUSA Champion in a couple of seasons is remarkable.

For Clark, I don't know if it would be a good idea. It's a step up in competition, but you're square at the bottom of the heap. Coaching for a school that has little support by the people around the program, while under the mountain of Oklahoma & Texas could be disastrous. While the success he's garnering with the Blazers, is getting him some attention, he might be better off waiting for a bigger offer, from a school trying not to fall on its face --- Whereas the Jayhawks have been tasting the turf so long, their teeth are considered part of the lawn by now.

It'd be a great hire for Kansas; but I'd hate to see a guy set back his career by stepping is as the fixer, who is building the blocks of the foundation for the coach who will succeed him.

Kansas was better off when the Big XII had divisions. Now that everybody plays each other, every year, Kansas is twice as likely to get squashed. And with Iowa State having climbed the rungs over top KU, considering where the Cyclones used to be during Kansas' heyday, only stands as a reminder of just how bad things have gotten in Lawrence.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”