Is There That Much Faith in LA ..?

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Is There That Much Faith in LA ..?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat May 22, 2021 9:53 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

I know that LSU is returning less than most ...

But are the Bruins really that much of a threat to the Tigers?

The lines for the game on September 4th are already open. LSU is getting a +3 point road win over UCLA.

I don't bet on games; though if I did, I'd lay something to notice that LSU covers.

Likely, the lines will shift as much as the fsu field goal kickers claim the post move in Miami. Yet, as it currently is, it is a tempting prospect.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Is There That Much Faith in LA ..?

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat May 22, 2021 10:06 pm

Wait, just checked again ...

The current line is LSU -4.5

They have them losing?

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am

Yep, that’s a bit of a head scratcher……. the Tigers are being predicted to be pretty darn good this coming season. Although I see the usual suspects are being forecast to make the CFP Playoff with Alabama leading the way followed by Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Georgia, along with LSU in the top 10. The Bruins are no where in site…….. Go Figure????

8) 8) 8)

I hope I wasn’t reading something bogus……. Got the info from a Las Vegas Futures Betting Site. :? :? :?
Last edited by Mountainman on Mon May 24, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon May 24, 2021 3:44 pm

A line of LSU 4.5 means LSU is favored by 4 1/2
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Squint, dear sir ...

There is a minus sign in front of that 4 1/2

I've check five different sites, and they have it posted, UCLA to win.

UCLA is getting + 4.5

LSU is getting - 4.5

With the predicted score [though not matching], UCLA 32.5 - LSU 30.3

Noting, the national consensus is California-Los Angeles will Win, Cover the Spread.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue May 25, 2021 8:36 am

It appears there are two different things going on…….. the betting site is saying one thing while the game pickers are saying another. Where the betting sites are saying if you take LSU the Tigers must win by more than 4.5 points in order for the bettor to win the bet.

Meanwhile the pick ‘em sites, who only predict the game winner, are saying UCLA will simply win the game.

Two very different things…….. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am

Almost 75 and no glasses yet...maybe I need to boost font size...But I can see your post.

But you sir, need to understand betting lines...'

UCLA plus points...means that UCLA is the underdog by that many points...and a LSU better is "giving" a UCLA those points in the "spread".

LSU minus points means that the LSU better is giving up points from LSU's final score...

If I can't see...you can't read a "book"...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 31, 2021 5:33 pm

billybud wrote:Almost 75 and no glasses yet...maybe I need to boost font size...But I can see your post.

But you sir, need to understand betting lines...'

UCLA plus points...means that UCLA is the underdog by that many points...and a LSU better is "giving" a UCLA those points in the "spread".

LSU minus points means that the LSU better is giving up points from LSU's final score...

If I can't see...you can't read a "book"...

And you sir, need to read the post where I said, they are literally posting on those betting sites, UCLA will win.

Mountainman said it best.

They are giving LSU the points, but predicting UCLA to win.

I do not know if there is a disconnect with the pollsters & line makers, but the lines and the prediction do not match up.

It is listed on the same page as the betting lines; the National Concensus is
UCLA will win, with the predicted score: UCLA 32.5 - LSU 30.3

But the line:
UCLA is getting + 4.5
LSU is getting - 4.5

Something is wonky, or somebody knows something, and aren't telling the rest of us.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”