Tomorrow Is The Big Day……

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Tomorrow Is The Big Day……

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:09 am

It certainly appears as if the College Football Playoff is mirroring the NCAA Basketball Tournament when it comes to team selection and seeding………. 8)

12 teams in total selected with 6 out of 10 Conference Champions gaining an ‘automatic’ spot and seeded based on CFP Rankings with the top 4 receiving a bye, along with 6 addition teams using the same CFP Rankings while the 5th and 6th ranked Conference Champions receiving an ‘automatic’ spot will play an opening round game against the 11th and 12th ranked selections in order to determine which teams advances to to the next round along with the winners of the 2 other opening round games.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... next-week/
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tomorrow Is The Big Day……

Postby Spence » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:26 pm

I can’t believe they are expanding to twelve and not including all the conferences————oh wait———yes i can.
This resolves nothing except to end the argument of whether to expand and to start the call for 16.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:16 pm

Spence wrote:I can’t believe they are expanding to twelve and not including all the conferences————oh wait———yes i can.
This resolves nothing except to end the argument of whether to expand and to start the call for 16.

The Big Boys batching matters, little boys jerk, not so much. All they’ve done is change where the jerk will come from…… :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Won't be long before the bowls are completely gone, 5-5 teams will be in this "playoff", and back rooms of universities will be filled with smoke and greased palms. And professors will have even more budget to indoctrinate your children with commie ideology.

(I hope I channeled a little donovan there) 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Derek wrote:Won't be long before the bowls are completely gone, 5-5 teams will be in this "playoff", and back rooms of universities will be filled with smoke and greased palms. And professors will have even more budget to indoctrinate your children with commie ideology.

(I hope I channeled a little donovan there) 8)

You did. Donovan would have smiled. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”