Va Tech -v- North Carolina

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Va Tech -v- North Carolina

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oof ...

It's still early, but, the Hokies are looking really sharp out there.

It's 14-0, though, this game should be 21-0.

North Carolina is going to need to make some serious adjustments, or they are gonna dig themselves a huge ditch to climb up from.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Va Tech -v- North Carolina

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:37 pm

I'm baffled by the play calling by Fuentes at the end of the half ...

Why would you not go for more points?

You've got the ball on your 30. There's 1:30 left on the clock. You've got 2 Timeouts remaining. And you have all of the momentum.

The drive before, they moved right down the field and scored. They were 6 for 6 on 3rd downs.

Playing safe to protect the lead in the first half, is playing too cautious.

We'll see how it all unfolds. But I hope they didn't squander points they will need later.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:30 pm

They were able to seal the deal ...

It wasn't pretty, but it was well played.

A fun game. The Hokies look improved. The defense is fast, and tough. There were a couple of busted assignments that could have been more costly. Though, they stepped up when it mattered most.

NC seems to be about what they were; sans the consistency in the running game. Sam Howell, who had never thrown a 4th quarter interception, threw 2 tonight. One of which on an errant passing attempt, where he chucked the ball behind himself as he was being drug to the ground by a defender; which went directly to the DB, who caught the ball with under 50 seconds left in the game.

The Coastal race is on!

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 pm

I know it’s early, but I was baffled on calls made by both Coaching Staffs, and have no idea why Carolina played the closing moments of the game the way they did.

And, yep, the Hokies are quick on defense, we’ll see how things go when they come to Morgantown here in a couple of weeks…….. and I’ll know more of what to expect from the Mountaineers after tomorrow’s trip to Maryland. We’ll see….. 8) 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”