Lincoln Riley was adamant……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lincoln Riley was adamant……..

Postby Mountainman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:52 pm

………when asked by reporters about the rumors of him being approached by LSU to become the next Head Football Coach of the Tigers, He simply said in a firm and matter of fact tone, “No”.

As it turns out, the reporters asked the wrong question……. Pete Thamel from Yahoo Sports reports that within the next 24 hours an announcement will be forthcoming about Lincoln Riley becoming the Head Football Coach at Southern Cal.

……….. and Ole Pete is very rarely wrong. 8) 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Lincoln Riley was adamant……..

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:21 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all of this flash and dance offense first game style started in the Pac, years ago, with Bill Walsh's West Coat Offense.

Seems to me, the Riley would fit right in.

The timing maybe right, too.

If with OU & UT headed southeast, competition isn't going to be getting any easier.

He'd have to contend with Utah for the division. But everyone else looks rather beatable.

Also, when Miami axed Blake James as AD, they said they weren't going to be making anymore chances over the next two weeks. Some suggest that simply meant they would stay with current interim AD during that time. Others have speculated, this meant Manny may be out the door in the next month [likely keeping him for the bowl].

Lashlee took the Head Coaching position at SMU. Might have seen the writing on the walls. Word is, that more money might be allocated to the Athletic Department, soon. Which will open the coffers to hire a more proven coach.

And fairly reliable word of mouth has stated, Mario Cristobal said he wouldn't consider the Miami job as long as Blake James were the AD.

If Mario bolts for Miami ... Lincoln wouldn't have to contend with that, out of the North, either. Cristobal would take Oregon's pipeline to South Florida recruiting with him, too.

Alas ...

This be all mere conjecture at this juncture

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Riley is a good coach. I am just not sure how good a fit he is at USC. He doesn't seem like a good fit in Los Angeles. But considering that Oklahoma is likey to go the way of Nebraska in the SEC, it is probably a good move for him. I look for Mike Stoops to take Oklahoma. He already coaches in the SEC and he knows what it takes. It has to be easier to recruit to Oklahoma than Kentucky. That would open up Texas talent to him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Spence wrote:Riley is a good coach. I am just not sure how good a fit he is at USC. He doesn't seem like a good fit in Los Angeles. But considering that Oklahoma is likely to go the way of Nebraska in the SEC, it is probably a good move for him. I look for Mike Stoops to take Oklahoma. He already coaches in the SEC and he knows what it takes. It has to be easier to recruit to Oklahoma than Kentucky. That would open up Texas talent to him.

:arrow: :idea:

Great point ... I could definitely see Mark Stoops coaching Oklahoma.

And, this has gone from Riley likely has, to Riley absolutely has.

LA Time has already reported Lincoln to So Cal.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”