I Believe We All Saw This One Coming ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

I Believe We All Saw This One Coming ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

Spence Rattle has officially entered into the Transfer Portal ...

The thing is, after only a couple of games, Caleb Williams hasn't exactly shined as the Sooners' QB.

In his first 2 games, he looked to be the next greatest thing, and quite possibly the next OU Heisman candidate. Then he quickly fizzled.

What I think happened, is he came in with a fresh different read then Rattler. The first two opposing defenses tried to game plan for Riley's scheme, and didn't have much tape on Williams.

Once those games went by, though; D-Coordinators were able to scout his tendencies, and better plan for what they saw. And it all started to fall apart.

Either way, I wish Rattle the best, hoping he finds a home with a staff who can help him to develop, make less predictable patterns and read the defense more quickly so that he can adjust mid play.

Luck to You, son ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: I Believe We All Saw This One Coming ...

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:57 pm

……….and a couple of Hot Shot Five Star Receivers have entered the portal too, in addition to the decommitments of of several 4 and 5 star recruits. It appears things are a little dicey in Norman.

Texas can’t play defense and Oklahoma is losing more ‘Stars’ than the Milky Way……. and the word is both are moving to the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE after next season. :shock:

Guess we’ll see how that works out…… :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:45 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

And now ...

Oklahoma quarterback Caleb Williams, the No. 2 quarterback recruit in the Class of 2021, will enter the transfer portal after one year with the Sooners.

A statement was posted by Williams to Twitter on Monday announcing the move:

Caleb Williams ~ "I came to Oklahoma with a game plan, but with all of the recent changes, I need to figure out what is the right path for me moving forward. According to NCAA rules, as a student-athlete, the only way I can speak with other schools and see who may offer the best preparation and development for my future career is by entering the portal. Staying at OU will definitely be an option as I begin this process."

Brent Venables and Sooners athletic director Joe Castiglione released a joint statement on Williams' decision:

Venables & Castiglione ~ "Caleb Williams enjoyed an exciting and impactful first season at the University of Oklahoma and we will continue to be engaged with him and his family on a comprehensive plan for his development as a student and quarterback, including graduation and strategic leveraging of NIL opportunities. While we believe OU provides Caleb the best opportunity to develop as a player and realize his goals for college and beyond, we respect his right to explore his options following key staffing changes here. OU's commitment to student-athlete development and its powerful track record of preparing players for the next level, including quarterbacks for the NFL, is unparalleled. Jeff Lebby is one of the most elite offensive coordinators and quarterback developers in the country. With the players we know are returning and with the new ones on the way, we will continue to explosive on offense under his direction. This program, which has won more games than any other since 1999, is blessed with talented individuals up and down the roster on its coaching staff. We stand ready build on the momentum of last year's 11 wins and bowl victory, and to continue OU's long-standing championship tradition."

Last edited by Cane from the Bend on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:53 pm

I believe the players have the right to move on, but if i am the coach, if you enter the portal, you should count among your options the chance to come back to my team.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:01 am

Hmmmmm, being the “I don’t trust any of ‘em” guy……. I wonder who’s been whispering in his ear?????? Something seems not quite right……. Could be any number of things, but one thing is for certain, he’s listening, so he’s lookin’ ….. :wink: :wink: :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 am

The Beast has been released and now the question becomes, ‘How to Tame The Beast’…… Good read, some of the numbers are an eyebrow raiser. 8)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/04/q ... new-normal

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:51 pm

Mountainman wrote:Hmmmmm, being the “I don’t trust any of ‘em” guy……. I wonder who’s been whispering in his ear?????? Something seems not quite right……. Could be any number of things, but one thing is for certain, he’s listening, so he’s lookin’ ….. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Quinn & Kanell seems to think it has something to do with $$$$$$$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHoSY9ERB4

And I think the comments about potentially staying in Oklahoma, is a way of saying to them; "How much do you have for me to not go anywhere?"

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:18 pm

Appears Coach Venables sent a message right back to Mr. Williams……… “Welcome to The Sooners Mr. Gabriel”.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... s-instead/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Mountainman wrote:Hmmmmm, being the “I don’t trust any of ‘em” guy……. I wonder who’s been whispering in his ear?????? Something seems not quite right……. Could be any number of things, but one thing is for certain, he’s listening, so he’s lookin’ ….. :wink: :wink: :wink:

They can have agents now, so take a guess on who os whispering on his ear.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:53 pm

Spence wrote:

They can have agents now, so take a guess on who os whispering on his ear.

You know, I didn’t know that……… Agents. Hmmmm, I wonder what the going rate for their cut is???? 8)

Return to “General Discussion”