Ga v. Michigan

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Ga v. Michigan

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:15 pm

2 minutes left in the first. I don't think this is going to be much of a game. But I'll wait about the middle of the 3rd to call it over.

This is the first time in a while I sat down and watched 2 straight football games in a row. :shock:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ga v. Michigan

Postby Spence » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:23 pm

This is what I thought would happen. They have been walking on air since November. Believing too much and not building that chip on your shoulder you need to get through these games. Even Saban worked his team into believing they were the dog in the fight.

It does my heart well to see Georgia tearing the Wolverine dreams apart. Something Ohio State didn’t have the team to do this year. Ohio State had too many young guys who thought teams would just roll over when they saw that name on their jersey.

That is what i think Saban does better than anyone. His teams rarely come in like that; thinking they don’t have to go that extra mile.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:57 pm

I'm not sure why Ga took their foot off the gas before the 3rd quarter was over. But it's frustrating, because I don't think the score shows how lopsided this game was.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:05 am

Derek wrote:I'm not sure why Ga took their foot off the gas before the 3rd quarter was over. But it's frustrating, because I don't think the score shows how lopsided this game was.

Don’t worry, anyone who knows even a little football and also knows a football from a frisbee knows how lopsided the game was….. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:34 am

No reason to put anything else on tape.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Spence wrote:No reason to put anything else on tape.

Right…… Harbaugh wouldn’t want any of the program’s supports or donors to see it….. :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:11 pm

More thinking about Georgia, but good point. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”