Take a Guess……..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Take a Guess……..

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:30 pm

………. Now don’t cheat and look it up like I did after Notre Dame lost after having a 28-7 lead over Okie State and ending up losing the game yesterday.

Question: When was the last time, what year, Notre Dame won a Major Bowl Game (including CFP games)???????

I was surprised…….. :shock: :shock: :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Take a Guess……..

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:42 pm

I remember them beating LSU a few years ago. I don’t remember what either we ranked. But it was a good game. I also remember them beating Florida in the 90’s. My guess is that game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:43 pm

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:06 pm

Was the team Florida?

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:48 pm

Spence wrote:Was the team Florida?

January 1st 1994, TexasA&M in the Cotton Bowl 24-21…….. the Irish lost one game that season to Boston College.

https://www.uhnd.com/history/bowl-history/

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Mountainman wrote:

January 1st 1994, TexasA&M in the Cotton Bowl 24-21…….. the Irish lost one game that season to Boston College.

I don't remember that one. I remember Florida at some point. I believe the 90's. My college football fandom goes back to the 60's so sometimes I get jumbled.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:10 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

I don't remember that one. I remember Florida at some point. I believe the 90's. My college football fandom goes back to the 60's so sometimes I get jumbled.

1992 the Irish beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:24 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Yes, that was the season #2 ND beat #1 FSU in South Bend; the very next week, unranked Boston College beat then #1 ND in South Bend.

Ahhh!

Fond memories.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”