Will Someone Please Listen To Nick?????

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Will Someone Please Listen To Nick?????

Postby Mountainman » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:17 pm

………… I heard through the grapevine that Jimbo pitched a hissy-fit when they showed him this article, storming out of the room in a rage shouting, “I wish I were that smart!!!!!”
8) 8) 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... e-balance/

Last edited by Mountainman on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Will Someone Please Listen To Nick?????

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:58 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

As per the article:

He reiterated those concerns on the podcast, specifically citing the work of starting quarterback and 2021 Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young.

"Bryce Young has created a tremendous amount of value for himself by the way he's played, the way he handles himself, the leadership he has ... and it's all performance-based. It wasn't given to him by somebody else. I think that's great. But when we create other avenues for people, and use it to get them to come to their school, now you don't have competitive balance. Some kind of way, we have to reel all of that in and make it the same for everybody."

And yet, as I recall, it was Saban who told everyone ---

Nick Saban [Jul 20, 2021]: ""Our quarterback has approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn't even played yet. If I told you what it is ... it's almost seven figures.""

Seems like someone wants to have it both ways.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Will Someone Please Listen To Nick?????

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:59 am

Oh for sure, they’re all hypocrites…….. I just found it refreshing that a high profile guy like Saban acknowledged one of the consequences and that everyone involved is knowingly doing all they can to ‘cash in’ while disregarding one of the known outcomes.

They call for ‘guardrails’ for issues such as NIL that’s costing them recruits and money, while colluding with the TV guys to destroy the notion of ‘competitive balance’ and opportunity in the game. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”