It's fun to be a Razorback Fan right now...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

It's fun to be a Razorback Fan right now...

Postby Dossenator » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 am

It sure is fun to be a Razorback fan right now. Every fall sport (men and woman) are ranked in the top 25 (same thing last year as well). Arkansas won 18 SEC championships last season (next closest was Alabama and Florida both with 7). Arkansas was the only school in the country to win a bowl game, make a super regional, and make elite 8.

I have never seen anything like the bond these coaches have and how they support one another. Dave van Horn (baseball coach) and Eric Musselman (basketball coach) come to all the football games. Musselman hangs out in the student section during the games. Both coaches traveled to Cowboy stadium last year to support Sam Pitman (and celebrated the win against Texas A&M with him). Sam attend baseball and basketball games. But it does not stop there. These 3 men go to soccer games, girls basketball games, track events, etc. They have built a special culture.

I love Sam Pitman as the football coach and I hope he is able to reach all of his goals at Arkansas. He seems like a great guy. And the players love him.

Go Arkansas beat Texas A&M!
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34638599/how-sam-pittman-fellow-arkansas-coaches-ushered-historic-athletic-era
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: It's fun to be a Razorback Fan right now...

Postby Mountainman » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:27 pm

That’s a great place to be!!!!! And my guess would be you’ve also got a great Athletic Director to go along with those great Razorback Fans….. 8) 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Dossenator

Re: It's fun to be a Razorback Fan right now...

Postby Dossenator » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:57 pm

I would not trade our AD for any other. His name is Hunter Yurachek. He completely changed the culture when he arrived. He demands a lot but is super supportive of all the coaches and programs.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Return to “General Discussion”