Chilly Ball Play ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Chilly Ball Play ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:08 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

We got a couple of cold ones tonight ...

Snow is settled down in DeKalb, where it's falling freely in Mount Pleasant.

Gotta respect the grit of those refs at Central Michigan, out there not wearing gloves. Easier to grab the flag when necessary, I'm sure. But that's iron man officiating, if you ask me.

I never had trouble playing in snow ... except for a few footing issues. Hard to get traction when it piles up. The cold leaves you if you keep moving. It's the standing on the sideline waiting to get back there, trying to stay loose while the frigid air breezes through.

Many wouldn't think it, but when the snow is coming down, the temperatures are more manageable. If it's a steady fall, it blocks the wind some. The down side is the accumulation makes mobility more restrictive. So there's a catch 22.

Anyhow, I'm tagging tonight's games as interest, because it snowed here from Saturday Night through Sunday, then warmed up a little, only to see more snow tonight, in South Bend [it building up].

It's the reason I took the Georgia State @ James Madison game off of the
Predictions list, in favor of the Boston College @ Notre Dame rivalry.

Funny things happen when the Eagles play the Irish. And with the added obstacle of snow on the field, I thought it was too good to pass up.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Chilly Ball Play ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:11 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zero Degrees ...

That's what we're being told the morning temperatures will fell like with wind.

The cold front coming out of the west is going to be here tomorrow. The high throughout game time at ND stadium will be about 26.

Record Low Temperature for kickoff, historically, is 24. This game will definitely get close. It'll be interesting to keep an eye out for across the country. Those frigid conditions can be a major difference maker.

That bowl shape is gonna be like a wind tunnel. Glad I'll be indoors this weekend.

Watching the highlights of the Regional Semifinals was wild. Ah, to be young and stupid enough to enjoy that experience.

At least the state championships are played in Indianapolis inside the dome at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”