And ... The Fallout Is Due To

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

And ... The Fallout Is Due To

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:41 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now this one I found interesting ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpddy6yu-b8

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: And ... The Fallout Is Due To

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:47 am

Ahhhhhh yes, the more things change, the more they stay the same……… appears the genes that were around back in the days of the old Southwest Conference have been pasted on to a new breed of the same.

Too bad the new breed of NCAA Enforcement guys lost their testicular gene somewhere along the way……. :roll:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:02 am

If I recall correctly what Nick Saban had to say when meeting with his Booster Club last fall…… The GOAT got it right. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:12 am

Mountainman wrote:Ahhhhhh yes, the more things change, the more they stay the same……… appears the genes that were around back in the days of the old Southwest Conference have been pasted on to a new breed of the same.

Too bad the new breed of NCAA Enforcement guys lost their testicular gene somewhere along the way……. :roll:

I'm sure around the turn of the century, the was a Coordinance you could follow along a Latitude Meridian which took the SWC recruiting ... ... ... "strategies" ... ... ... along the Red River to the mighty Mississip.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:29 am

Mountainman wrote:If I recall correctly what Nick Saban had to say when meeting with his Booster Club last fall…… The GOAT got it right. 8)

I think I may have stumbled onto a partial explanation of the questions you've posed, about Portal/Players/Coaches.

There's a video of the Washington State Head Coach, Jake Dickert, in a post practice presser; although, I like listening to this guy, and can see why his players buy into the system, so from my take, it's worth watching the whole 7 minutes. But when you get to the 5:18 mark, it's a real eye opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyin_jQy9DU

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:If I recall correctly what Nick Saban had to say when meeting with his Booster Club last fall…… The GOAT got it right. 8)

I think I may have stumbled onto a partial explanation of the questions you've posed, about Portal/Players/Coaches.

There's a video of the Washington State Head Coach, Jake Dickert, in a post practice presser; although, I like listening to this guy, and can see why his players buy into the system, so from my take, it's worth watching the whole 7 minutes. But when you get to the 5:18 mark, it's a real eye opener.

It’s been a while, but I mentioned the antics of old Southwest Conference, and if recall correctly Eric Dickerson’s mother received money and benefits as well as Dickerson and then there was Reggie Bush………… but I have another concern, with all of the availability of dollars, gifts, benefits, etc for players to receive to signup at a particular school, how long is it going to be before we hear of players being paid not to play????? As in taking a play off, untimely penalty, fumble, pass interception……… I would imagine this paying players could work both ways. 8)

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:02 am

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:If I recall correctly what Nick Saban had to say when meeting with his Booster Club last fall…… The GOAT got it right. 8) .

It’s been a while, but I mentioned the antics of old Southwest Conference, and if recall correctly Eric Dickerson’s mother received money and benefits as well as Dickerson and then there was Reggie Bush………… but I have another concern, with all of the availability of dollars, gifts, benefits, etc for players to receive to signup at a particular school, how long is it going to be before we hear of players being paid not to play????? As in taking a play off, untimely penalty, fumble, pass interception……… I would imagine this paying players could work both ways. 8)

Careful ...

That kind of talk could see sandwich wrap hat accusations by some.

Though, to your point; I've had conversations about that very thing, in Live Stream threads.

Not so much, by opposing teams, rather, by Betting Giants.

Now with the legalization of Collegiate Sports Betting; Just how long before Betting Odds open for Bowl Games, and the itchy Gamblers pull that trigger on an impossible to pass up Dog ---- Then 2 days before the game, said Dog's best player declares for the draft.

What if, he was always going to declare for the draft before the Bowl Game, and knew before the last 3 regular season outings? What if, someone from a certain arid area code contacted such player's agent with on offer, to hold off making otherwise public announcement, until after Betting Lines slowed?

What if there were incentives to have such player make comments i Post Game Press Conferences, to the extent of:

"We're taking it one game at a time. This team has so much more to accomplish."

"I Love these guys.I go to battle with them on the field everyday. We've still got so much more to play for. And that's my focus right now"

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:55 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:If I recall correctly what Nick Saban had to say when meeting with his Booster Club last fall…… The GOAT got it right. 8) .

Careful ...

That kind of talk could see sandwich wrap hat accusations by some.

Though, to your point; I've had conversations about that very thing, in Live Stream threads.

Not so much, by opposing teams, rather, by Betting Giants.

Now with the legalization of Collegiate Sports Betting; Just how long before Betting Odds open for Bowl Games, and the itchy Gamblers pull that trigger on an impossible to pass up Dog ---- Then 2 days before the game, said Dog's best player declares for the draft.

What if, he was always going to declare for the draft before the Bowl Game, and knew before the last 3 regular season outings? What if, someone from a certain arid area code contacted such player's agent with on offer, to hold off making otherwise public announcement, until after Betting Lines slowed?

What if there were incentives to have such player make comments i Post Game Press Conferences, to the extent of:

"We're taking it one game at a time. This team has so much more to accomplish."

"I Love these guys.I go to battle with them on the field everyday. We've still got so much more to play for. And that's my focus right now"

Make it a Club, with Olive Oil and Vinegar……… :wink:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:42 am

Mountainman wrote: As in taking a play off, untimely penalty, fumble, pass interception……… I would imagine this paying players could work both ways. 8)

This is exactly right, and why turning this collegiate sport into the minor leagues, is going to eventually backfire IMO.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:39 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Jake Dickert isn't the only one calling this out ...

UTSA Head Coach, Jeff Traylor, posted this on his Twitter:

Jeff Traylor ~ Dear @NCAAFootball How does @UTSAFTBL report Power 5 Schools who are trying to poach our young talent? How much evidence do we really need to make this not be a part of our game?

I don't know exactly how they can monitor this, or how they would go about enforcing a rules violation. But they better get some sort of rein on this behavior, because I highly doubt this is the last time we'll be hearing about this type of impropriety.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Mountainman wrote:

Jake Dickert isn't the only one calling this out ...

UTSA Head Coach, Jeff Traylor, posted this on his Twitter:

Jeff Traylor ~ Dear @NCAAFootball How does @UTSAFTBL report Power 5 Schools who are trying to poach our young talent? How much evidence do we really need to make this not be a part of our game?

I don't know exactly how they can monitor this, or how they would go about enforcing a rules violation. But they better get some sort of rein on this behavior, because I highly doubt this is the last time we'll be hearing about this type of impropriety.

A governing body that has appropriate rules, conducts investigations, reports findings, and enforces penalties. 8)

It’s not a difficult task, until the tails start wagging the dog…… these types of things will persist and continue until the PRESIDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITIES, who have authority over the NCAA and the CFP decide to grow some balls………. I you noticed that the CFP guys got off their a-s-s-e-s and stopped their infighting, self serving and politicking once the presidents set a DEADLINE for the them to decide what they were going to do with the 12 team playoff or else………. and all a a sudden they came to an agreement.

Return to “General Discussion”