It’s all about Power, Money and Who Rules…..

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

It’s all about Power, Money and Who Rules…..

Postby Mountainman » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:08 pm

………and the fate of College Football as we’ve known it. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... re-shifts/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: It’s all about Power, Money and Who Rules…..

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:01 pm

Mountainman wrote:………and the fate of College Football as we’ve known it. 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... re-shifts/.

Let's just say plainly what this is really about, shall we ..?

the expanded CFP was supposed to be populated by the six highest-ranked conference champions plus six at-large teams for the next two seasons.

In the new 12 team model, and this language, along with the demise of the Pac, it will now have an autoqualifier for two Gof5 programs.

That is something they truly want to avoid.

Which will only further become obvious, once they inevitably change that language, in order to protect their own monetary brand.

Nobody wants to be seen as the villain everybody already knows them to be. But now, they're going to have to make it more evident than ever.

At the end of the day; they did this to themselves.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: It’s all about Power, Money and Who Rules…..

Postby Mountainman » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 am

When it comes to the ‘Villain’ I know who gets my vote……… he’s the guy that ‘The Mouse’ is carrying around in its pocket. His latest assignment was to kill a conference, but he missed and killed the wrong one. And now he’s taking aim at another assigned target up in Indianapolis.

And with this Your Honor, I rest my case.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-benefit-of ... 47907.html

8) 8) 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”