Stanford -v- Colorado

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Stanford -v- Colorado

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:16 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

:shock:

Um ....

What :?:

I had turned to something else at halftime, intending to come back to the game. I was watching Fresno St and Utah St take it down to the wire during the 1rst half of this one.

Even Tulane/Memphis turned out to be truly entertaining.

But, the Buffaloes had a 29-0 lead, and I lazily forgot to queue up the stream for the 2cnd half.

It was a YouTube notification that alerted me. And that was a couple of hours after the game had ended.

I saw the thumbnail for the videos, and realized it was the post game press conference, and as I went to check the scoreboard, found myself saying; "Yeah but I already know who won this game".

Took a quick glance to see the score, and shut the window ... ... ... wait a minute ... ... ... did I see that right? ... ... ...

Opened the window back up to confirm: Stanford 46 - Colorado 43 in double overtime

:o

Ridiculous thing, too.

I was saying to myself, after a Stanford receiver nearly came down with an acrobatic catch, that was ruled incomplete upon review [correctly called].

"Watch them come back to win this thing."

By God, they actually did it.

And I could absolutely kick myself for not watching the second half of the game.

Here is where I believe the momentum completely shifted, giving Stanford the confidence to come all the way back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuV2iCPUiLM

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Stanford -v- Colorado

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:14 pm

………in a nutshell, yesterday afternoon it was yard work. Early Fall means cleaning up first invasion of leaves, mow grass, spread lime pellets, fertilizer, plant mums, cut back Rose bushes, destroy Yellowjacket Nest in the ground found while mowing, pressure wash deck and sidewalk and decorate for Halloween. Relax on back porch and rehydrate. Take really hot shower, eat dinner, load dishwasher (I’m told I do it better than anyone :roll: ), listen to Mountaineer Sports Radio Talk show while waiting for early TV games. Sip bourbon while sitting in recliner, change channel to watch Colorado and Stanford. Watch first half while spiking more bourbon, change channel to Fox News to catch up on the war in the Middle East….. then, fall asleep in recliner, wake up, turn off TV, go to bed, get up this morning and find out STANFORD came back in the second half from 29 down to win the game. :shock:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:49 pm

Mountainman wrote:………get up this morning and find out STANFORD came back in the second half from 29 down to win the game. :shock: .

Meanwhile, Michigan State is raising the stakes, saying; "Anything you can do I can do better!"

Being up 24-6 over Rutgers, in he 4th quarter, and then doing their best Mashup of Colorado/Michigan collapsing.

Bet ole Harbaugh is smiling.

Michigan State fumbles a punt snap, which goes into the end zone, and Rutgers jumps on it for a TD.

Get the ball back, and score again.

Michigan State, muffs a Rutgers kickoff, and the Scarlet Knights jump on it, inside of the red zone, scoring in just 9 seconds from their last TD, taking a 27-24 lead.

What I do not get, is why Schiano went for 2 in that situation. You're already up 3, you kick the extra point, you're up by 4, forcing them to score a TD. Rutgers failed the 2 point attempt, which gave MSU the chance to tie it, with a FG.

Even had Rutgers gotten that 2 point conversion, they'd have been up by 5. The same TD by the Spartans would have been enough without the extra point to win it. Made no sense.

Luckily for Schiano, the press conference will be kinder to him, because Sparty was unable to score again.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:20 am

What I do not get, is why Schiano went for 2 in that situation. You're already up 3, you kick the extra point, you're up by 4, forcing them to score a TD. Rutgers failed the 2 point attempt, which gave MSU the chance to tie it, with a FG.

Some coaching blunders this uear...Miami's not taking a knee and losing on the fumble recovery and long pass.

Another game that I watched, a coach kept turning down FG attempts to go for it on 4th down...had the FG's been kicked and made, he would have won the game.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”