From Phoenix to Athens ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

From Phoenix to Athens ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:07 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Rich truly do get Richer ...

Former 5 Star QB, Jadan Rashada, from the 2023 Freshmen Class, announced he was entering the Transfer Portal on April 18th.

He's exiting Arizona State after being a True Frosh starter for the Sun Devils last season.

Previously, Rashada declared his commitment to Miami, before reneging and making his commitment to flurDah!

He was the infamous payout poster child, who flurDah! purportedly offered $13 million to sign, only to not have the money available. Where Rashada pulled his commitment from the lizards, and took his talents to the desert.

I don't know if he can be trusted, long term. Nor do I know f Kirby will build the team around him, as Smart has a tendency to not utilize the full potential of his QB's at times.

It's a curious move. And tells me Georgia didn't have a clear QB1 coming out of Spring.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: From Phoenix to Athens ...

Postby Mountainman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 pm

It is indeed the Wild, Wild West……. I wonder if there be a day when it’s decided to put a cap on NIL’s…….. 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: From Phoenix to Athens ...

Postby Derek » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:50 pm

Well this is Carson Beck's senior year, so I have no idea who is in waiting. It's not talked about very much, which is odd since the 2 NCs along with what Kirby is "building" should have QBs lined up. And I just don't hear about it.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”