Hawaii Bowl/Motor City Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Hawaii Bowl/Motor City Bowl

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:48 pm

You’ve heard of Colt Brennan, right? The guy is amazing and getting ready to break some of Klingler’s passing records. He’s a legit NFL prospect too, unlike Timmy Chang. All the tools are there. If you’ve seen Hawaii play a couple times, I’m sure you’re aware of Nate Ilaoa. The guy is such a fantastic runner. He’s really big but he is extremely athletic and since the defenses play vs. the pass all of the time, it catches them off guard and he gashes the defense for 8 yards. That’s what I love about it, he’s so big yet he is more of a slashing-type running back. Hawaii’s defense is still bad but improving. Rudy Carpenter is having one of the most disappointing seasons in the country. Hawaii’s pride is damaged from letting a game slip away on the Islands, something they normally protect very well. Still, Arizona State is no Oregon State, at least this year.

BUT

Arizona State may be inspired to go out there and win one for the coach. I’d watch out if I were Hawaii. Sometimes a team will come out flat and others they will play hard. Their defense is really improving and they are just coming off of a somewhat surprising victory against arch rival Arizona. This is a Pac-10 offense vs. a WAC defense and the Warriors should get lit up.

Hawaii will win though, 44-40.

Central Michigan just won the MAC. The Chippewas have contended with bowl teams in Boston College and Kentucky and only had one bad game all year and that was a “we won the MAC West already”-letdown against Northern Illinois. They’re at home. LeFevour is playing fabulous. The defense led by Bazuin, Friend, Hissong, Ogle, and others (this team is one of the better UNITS I have seen, there are no flashy players but they really get the job done by playing together) is getting better each week.

BUT

Middle Tennessee has to hope that CMU forfeits.

Central Michigan will win a snoozer because they don’t want to play MTSU, 35-17.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”